• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    May have already been posted but in case you missed it, the guy initially arrested in the ‘self-defense’ shooting at the DART Rail Station was released without charges. Just crossed my mind wondering, whatever the “final” disposition was.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/09/13/dart-shooting-train-self-defense/

Still not much info as to what caused the perp to go crazy - I’m guessing he was a mental case or on drugs.
    DK Firearms

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    That article said the self-defender guy had hired an attorney and the case was going to be routinely referred to the Dallas County Grand Jury. I had wondered if the good guy was covered by one of the ‘self-defense’ law firms (and who he might have used). It’d be good to get his first hand experience of what he went through (the good, the bad & the ugly sorta report).

While this whole situation may have turned out the best possible for Mr. Skinner, I’m guessing it probably still set him back financially to some extent.

Last edited:

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    May have already been posted but in case you missed it, the guy initially arrested in the ‘self-defense’ shooting at the DART Rail Station was released without charges. Just crossed my mind wondering, whatever the “final” disposition was.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/09/13/dart-shooting-train-self-defense/

Still not much info as to what caused the perp to go crazy - I’m guessing he was a mental case or on drugs.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about this story but hadn’t seen an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Thanks for the update.

Interesting how the article transitions to, if only there was an officer on every train....

Of course, then the next excuse would be, if only there were one in every car.

txtanut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    fort worth
    I have a friend who was a criminal defense attorney and asked him what it would cost to defend myself in a case like this. His answer was 10k not counting the civil portion. So even in a good shoot like this the guy he probably dropped a few bucks.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have a friend who was a criminal defense attorney and asked him what it would cost to defend myself in a case like this. His answer was 10k not counting the civil portion. So even in a good shoot like this the guy he probably dropped a few bucks.

Add a zero or 2, unless his "defense" is to have you plead guilty.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Shouldn’t be any civil portion in Texas if it was a “good shoot” from a criminal perspective.

Anyone can sue for anything.

It’ll get thrown out by the judge, but it has to get before the court first.

I would never, ever, want to appear in any court without a lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom