• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KawiVulcanS

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Some of my favorite spots:

Kasra Persian Grill (Westheimer @ Gessner)
    Mi Pueblito (Richmond near Fondren I think) or Gran Columbia (Hwy 6 @ Clay) Columbian
    Mario's tacos and burgers (1960 @ Fallbrook'ish)
    Texas Roadhouse (290 @ Hwy 6/1960)
    Harris County Smokehouse (290 @ Hwy 6/1960)
    Rudi Lechner's German Restaurant (Gessner @ Westheimer)

I strongly second and recommend Mario's Tacos and Burgers. That place is amazing, and I've tried nearly everything on their menu over the couple of years!
    Gun Zone Deals

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Cafe Pita on westhiemer and wilcrest outside beltway 8. They have little sausage meal called cebap that is wonderful.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Cafe Pita was on Diners and Drive ins years ago. Haven't been in years but they're good from what I remember.

Stantons City Bites in Downtown has a good burger, rated highly by Houston Press.

M&M grill on Almeda by medical center has good Mexican/Mediterranean food. Gigantic burgers too.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Los Cucos on 249 just south of Spring-Cypress onthe east side.
    Red Robin on 249 also south of Spring -Cypress on the west side.
    Rons burgers in the Academy shopping ctr. in Tomball.
    Pecos Grill on 249 a few blocks north of 2920.
    And soon to be a Rudys on 249 in Tomball.
    Texas Road House in Tomball.
    Harris County Smoke House Tomball.
    Julios Mexican Resturant on 2920 6miles west of Tomball.
    Ginos Chicago Pizza 249 south of the AMC theaters Willowbrook.
    Last but not lease Goodsons in Tomball.
    Opps , forgot one The Mellow Mushroom on Veterans and Cypresswood.

Last edited:

MitchKov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Los Cucos on 249 just south of Spring-Cypress onthe east side.
    And soon to be a Rudys on 249 in Tomball.
    Texas Road House in Tomball.
    Harris County Smoke House Tomball.
    Last but not lease Goodsons in Tomball.

These are all Pretty good choices with "Ma" Goodsons being a great pick. If you want to do the trademark thing, get the Chicken Fried Steak (and split it with your significant other, its that big). Also their Pot Roast Sandwich is pretty amazing, as is most of there other stuff.

As for burgers, They opened a Smash Burger near me and I like it, its a chain but pretty tasty.

Los Cucos is great Mexican, Pappasitos is good but expensive, Chuys is pretty good Tex Mex and a bit cheaper (but not cheap), random small taquerias can be very cheap and vary from hole in the wall places with great food to terrible food. I always liked La Tapatia when I was living near the 1960/veterans memorial area. There are a few locations around, but that location closed several years ago. Tia Maria's off 290/610 area is cheaper and decent too.

BBQ - there are a bunch of places. Rudy's is a safe bet, but there is better BBQ out there. A place I recently went to that is pretty good is The Brisket House near memorial.

Pizza - I Like Grimaldi's and Double Daves (both are chains - Grimaldi's being a somewhat upscale national chain and I know DD's is all around Texas but not sure where else), as well as Brothers Pizza if you want a by the slice NY style experience (there are a few locations around Houston, but I think it is a local chain).

Hmm, other places if you're a bit more adventurous are either of the Brazilian Steakhouses Tradiciao or Fogo De Chao. Tradiciao is cheaper but just about as good. It's expensive but as long as you're there they will bring you racks of various meats for you to try. Just north of 610 and I-10 there is a thai place that is very good called Vieng Thai and Korean BBQ (you grill it at the table yourself) called Seoul Garden. If you can find a food truck called Kurbside Eatz, get the pork belly taco, that is one of my favorite foods hands down, I just never make it to wherever they are (they are generally in town some where).

There is so much good food around Houston, those are just a few that come to mind right now.

Top Bottom