• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Monday around 8am at the Temple VA. Some poor lost soul smoked himself in a bathroom. Teague tower entrance. The bathroom down from the desk. Shot himself in the head.

If ur having thoughts of sticking a gun in your mouth....call the damn number they give us all. Suicide is the cowards way out.

Hes still alive from what i heard. How nice for his daughter to have to deal with it all. Call the gotdamn number if your mind is in that dark place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Lynx Defense

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Especially a VET. I am really sorry. The VA is getting skewered for everything, their directors get bonuses for refusing VETS treatment (That's what I heard !) you'd think there would be people to help those with deep mental issues.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Especially a VET. I am really sorry. The VA is getting skewered for everything, their directors get bonuses for refusing VETS treatment (That's what I heard !) you'd think there would be people to help those with deep mental issues.

Trust his case worker, doctors, cancelers have their names on a desk somewhere....and not the good kinda name drop either.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Sometimes they are not all that apparent or are held back by the person until the moment they lose it.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    There's also the VFW and American Legion if one just wants a place to go and be around others who have been there.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Monday around 8am at the Temple VA. Some poor lost soul smoked himself in a bathroom. Teague tower entrance. The bathroom down from the desk. Shot himself in the head.

If ur having thoughts of sticking a gun in your mouth....call the damn number they give us all. Suicide is the cowards way out.

Hes still alive from what i heard. How nice for his daughter to have to deal with it all. Call the gotdamn number if your mind is in that dark place.

Nice to send a boot flying up the ass of someone who is down. When it gets dark and scary it is very very hard to think rationally. It is hard to work through the little problems and they pile up higher and higher till there seems to be no other alternative. Some times they do make an attempt to ask for help but you have to be listening or it goes unheard.

So far this year I have cleaned up after 4. 3 were not vets. I expect to double that number before year end.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    We cannot condemn a man who found no reason to live. It is not cowardice, it is part of the human condition. He did what had to be done to end his pain, and for him it was honorable.

I think of it every day, and at the end of the day, I go to sleep and think about it all over again the next morning.

No shrink will ever tell me "it will get better."

Some days are better, others are worse, and I don't expect the VA or society to solve my problems.

Now, If I could get that family of raccoons from eating the cat food in my garage ...

Some stupid General at Fort Bliss squealed that every one of the troops who killed themselves under his command were cowards and selfish. That SOB should have been fired on the spot!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    My borther wanted to do this. And me being a prick didnt understand this. And rode him hard and hard.
    Well on went home for christmas. He didnt go. Came back with his presents. Only to find him gone. And yes i found him.
    He didnt do it. GOD took him. But it could have went the other way. I found him with my rem 1100 12 ga buy his side..
    One never knows what is truly is on ones mind. Never never will i say that about one that wants to do that again.
    You guys can say its cowardly but untill it affects you as a family, father, mother, brother, you cant speak on this with any knowledge.
    The man took his own life. Yes it leaves a void, pain, confusion and heart break!!!
    But in the end if one wants to do it you can not stop it..
    We all have our breaking points. Dont care tough, or smart, cute, rich!!
    Or anything else. Your buttons can be pushed too.
    This was a hard lesson taught. So be very careful what you say. Cause it can happen to YOU..
    Or your family..

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I agree with most of what has been said here. My BB killed himself with a barrel in his mouth at Camp Adder Iraq right outside of our choo. I would not call him a coward.

He had issues that had been building up and did what I guess he had to do. He asked me if I wanted to go to the DFAC to get some chow. I declined because I was tired from the heat. Not even a minute went by after he walked out the door that I heard the shot. He was fine the whole deployment, but apparently he was not. It's very hard to tell what's going on with someone if they are not willing to speak. He was my best friend and we talked about everything. Even made plans to go to Vegas together when we got back. He just had some pain that he felt he had to deal with on his own in his own way. While I don't agree with his choice, it was his to make.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    My borther wanted to do this. And me being a prick didnt understand this. And rode him hard and hard.
    Well on went home for christmas. He didnt go. Came back with his presents. Only to find him gone. And yes i found him.
    He didnt do it. GOD took him. But it could have went the other way. I found him with my rem 1100 12 ga buy his side..
    One never knows what is truly is on ones mind. Never never will i say that about one that wants to do that again.
    You guys can say its cowardly but untill it affects you as a family, father, mother, brother, you cant speak on this with any knowledge.
    The man took his own life. Yes it leaves a void, pain, confusion and heart break!!!
    But in the end if one wants to do it you can not stop it..
    We all have our breaking points. Dont care tough, or smart, cute, rich!!
    Or anything else. Your buttons can be pushed too.
    This was a hard lesson taught. So be very careful what you say. Cause it can happen to YOU..
    Or your family..

This^^

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    So this and his flag is all i have left a holster with his birth day and his departure day from this earth to keep him close.
    Does it help nope!!!!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    So this and his flag is all i have left a holster with his birth day and his departure day from this earth to keep him close.
    Does it help nope!!!!

I took my Battle Buddys name tape off his uniform after I carried him to our medic. Doesn't help me either, but it reminds me of how cruel life can get.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    A mile in his shoes.
    I might not have made it either.

Only he knows what pushed him over the edge.
    Judgement is not mine to hand down.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Please, if you know a vet with problems get him to the nearest VetCenter. It's not just suicide by firearms, it's also by drugs and booze. Linky

Last edited:

Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    PTSD is not well received ...our dad 2 bronze stars in the pacific and survived the Marianna turkey shoot....my brother survived Mogadishu. ......dad shot himself my brother is a wreck.......lives in a dark place all I have is a broken heart from it all.....the soviets troops returning from afghan.....went through hell coping with the trauma and I see our vets coming back and have yet see see its full impact. ....may we be a bit more receptive and aware of our vets and provide what help we can where we are....

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Some stupid General at Fort Bliss squealed that every one of the troops who killed themselves under his command were cowards and selfish. That SOB should have been fired on the spot!

What an *******. "Die when I say and you're a hero, die when I say not to and you're a coward."

I was thinking earlier today how most Generals embody the worst aspects of brown-nosing ladder-climbers, heartless and spineless never-has-beens, and incompetent bureaucrats. I guess today isn't the day I'm proven wrong.

Top Bottom