• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Have not been but my father was in Nam, saw alot of vets come back less than when they went. Learned two things, the hardest part of war, living with it after, and I missed the part they left there..........

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Have not been but my father was in Nam, saw alot of vets come back less than when they went. Learned two things, the hardest part of war, living with it after, and I missed the part they left there..........

innocence

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Guys I've went through 7 years of recovery. The use of the word coward, i stand by. Facing the things life's dealt you. The courage to think, feel, and live life. If you fail to have courage. You gonna die. The cold hard facts of the situation.

Coward against the fight. As harsh a name it is. Let it evoke you to stay the **** alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Guys I've went through 7 years of recovery. The use of the word coward, i stand by. Facing the things life's dealt you. The courage to think, feel, and live life. If you fail to have courage. You gonna die. The cold hard facts of the situation.

Coward against the fight. As harsh a name it is. Let it evoke you to stay the **** alive.

i agree. War affects everyone who goes thru it. my dad was in nam in 62 and 63. he came back a angry man. He never talked about it.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Coming up on the one year anniversary of one of my best friends from the Corps putting his Springfield 1911 in his mouth on his college campus in CA. Resorted to that after washing down a bottle of pills with a bottle of jack landed him in the ICU and psych ward of the naval hospital in San Diego. If someone has given up on themselves there's very little you can do without putting them under constant supervision and at that point they're just more miserable. One of the hardest things I did was go visit him in the psych ward and seeing him in his white gown not even allowed to have shoelaces, we were both still active duty at the time. Fast forward and we're both out, him still in Cali and me in Texas when I got the news, part of me still feels like I abandoned him.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You aren't thinking about this rationally because you are thinking about it too rationally. You can't expect someone determined to kill themselves to think rationally. It's not a matter or courage or bravery. It's a matter of something being broken beyond repair.

Some people think about suicide and choose not to. They aren't broken beyond repair yet.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    There's also the VFW and American Legion if one just wants a place to go and be around others who have been there.

This to me is answer 1.. let's talk to the guys who might be reading this and having a problem.. i know the VA is TRYING to do a good job of getting help where it's needed.. but you also risk talking to somebody who has an MSW with no idea what you went through..

In the early eighties i got hit out of nowhere by survival guilt from Vietnam.. i make it real plain that i was never in danger myself.. Navy patrol squadron 11 planes.. 12 CAC's (combat air crews) i didn't have the time in grade to be one of them, but had gone on flights if not missions.. the missions were simple operation market time.. one of the largest in the Navys history looking for anything afloat bringing weapons are ? to the south.. we lost two crews and planes..

This hit me out of nowhere, cause i didn't see myself as being "merited" for it.. went to a VA outreach.. twice.. didn't think much of it, felt like i didn't need to be there.. joined a VFW... got involved with the drill team... sat at the bar and talked to all the old WWII guys (substitute VN today) and after a couple "group tightener's" opened up.. maybe had a tear or hundred about those we left behind.. but cured..

NOTE.. i was an REMF.. aware your situation is much worse.. also the alcohol might make it worse., if you have an issue with it, if not then it's the best thing that you can have.. i can see a group of M.A.D.D.'s out there that would like to run me over right now.. obviously that's a risky issue.. but lets live in the real world.. nothings going to let you open up to a stranger who will wind up being your friend like a little booze..

This is such a PC issue.. guys if you have a problem you don't drink .. so simple.. but if you don't .. go to the local VFW/AL and open up to an old vet.. or one your age you can talk to... i wish you luck.. no.. i pray the good Lord guides you to someone who can listen and help.. look at how many guys got through WWII talking to WWI vets.. Korea by talking to both.. VN by talking to all three.. and if your lucky and find the right place there's still WWII guys out there who would love to talk to you... i'd bet money that F350-6 above dealt with as much fear and blood as anyone on here.. i'd also bet an hour with him at the local VFW would be better served than two hours with your MSW VA social worker..

TaoJones1066

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Weatherford, TX

First of all, everyone is going to die. Not killing yourself will do absolutely nothing to change the fact that you're already dead. Second, I bet you wouldn't have the balls to off yourself. What kind of coward are you that you can't face the end on your own terms? Thinking you're strong because you live life is absurd. Everyone lives life, and everyone dies. Don't live life as a judgmental ass. Just a thought.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Nice to send a boot flying up the ass of someone who is down. When it gets dark and scary it is very very hard to think rationally. It is hard to work through the little problems and they pile up higher and higher till there seems to be no other alternative. Some times they do make an attempt to ask for help but you have to be listening or it goes unheard.

So far this year I have cleaned up after 4. 3 were not vets. I expect to double that number before year end.
    h

thought the same thing .. boot up the guy who's down.. real easy to say someones a coward or any other negative.. (didn't like the Lords name in vane either) .. but we have no as in NO idea the hell this guy was living so .. give him a break if you don't know.. as to the family.. yes, that parts 100% true, but here again two sides to the story... least he didn't do "it" at home where they would have had to clean it up.. he took the issue to who he felt was responsible for his pain.. I'm on 100% disability VA.. know something about the system.. it's broken.. the people that run it.. least in MHO are wonderful.. but the system they work under is out of control bad.. just glad that it;s being staffed by good people.

Top Bottom