• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Any organization as large as the US military has it's own gigantic bureaucracy and the bureaucracy will always reward those who go along with the program.

A friend of mine put a soldier in for a medal. What the guy did during an enemy attack in Afghanistan was nothing short of amazing. Pentagon rejected the medal, replying that as Special Forces, it was his regular job to take all the risks he took. Knowing THAT story makes the Katrina Moerk ARCOM seem even more sickening.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    when I got out of the military in the early 90's... I knew it was getting bad back then but I never would have seen the day that someone would get a medal for this stupid crap. Why not another medal for heroism if she's a single mom also?
    The military has got a case of the gay and it comes from on top, like all other stupid crap used to.. Anyone remember "Quality Force"?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am humbled and in awe of the Medal of Honor! Hell, even Generals stand when a MOH recipient enters a room! As a kid, read a book detailing the history behind every MOH award. It may come as a surprise that a very high percentage of MOH heroes earned that honor by throwing themselves on grenades to protect their fellow soldiers.

I am appalled at how political that award has become. In many cases, years pass and then the medal is awarded in the midst of a publicity circus! Saying that does not in any way demean the honor and heroism of the soldiers involved. It does say a lot about the politicians who would piss on the medal, the soldiers who earn it and heritage of the award to gain a political advantage.

It should be presented by a humble and grateful nation to recognize remarkable heroism and not as a photo OP for grinning politicians. Remember the stories of Jesus washing the feet of his followers? That's the reverence that we need for our MOH soldiers!

Flash

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Flash, not sure if you knew, but she didn't get the MOH, she got an Army Commendation Medal.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks, I missed that because the print is so small but the same idea applies to other awards. Politicians turn these awards into photo ops to focus on themselves. That's just wrong! The focus should always be on a grateful nation recognizing exceptional service.

Now I get the true idea of this thread.......she got a commendation for bitching at her fellow soldiers. HMMMM....sounds pretty lame.

Thanks for getting me back on track!

Flash

Last edited:

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Good grief. When I was active duty Army from 1997 -2000 I could see changes happening. The political nonsense was starting to creep in. Luckily I was in a unit in the 82nd Airborne that was pretty awesome and we operated like an Airborne Infantry unit should! I always heard the older guys say that it was not the Army they enlisted in. Well, I could say that now for sure with all the PC bull$#!! that has found its way into the Army.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    I wonder if the citation included "...for Blue Falconry above and beyond the call of duty."

I've been retired from the Army for a few years now, but this doesn't surprise me in the least.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I see what she did as a duty of a senior NCO. Not really a commendable action in my opinion...and she should have went directly to the soldiers' enlisted chain of command so they could take care of it in house, not some Army equivalent of HR...bullshit

They should focus more on real heroes as others have said here.

And did anyone else see the end of the article where she called the author, of said article, an asshat??? Totally irresponsible and pretty much invalidates herself...

abntxn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Good grief. When I was active duty Army from 1997 -2000 I could see changes happening. The political nonsense was starting to creep in. Luckily I was in a unit in the 82nd Airborne that was pretty awesome and we operated like an Airborne Infantry unit should! I always heard the older guys say that it was not the Army they enlisted in. Well, I could say that now for sure with all the PC bull$#!! that has found its way into the Army.

I had legit culture shock coming from Bragg to Ft. Hood. Bragg being very NCO driven vs Hood's penchant for everything being Officer-centric, just freaking wow...

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The comments are the best I've seen today.
    This guy I agree with.
    Jerrod Woods said-
    Sergei Lickwar , STFU, not everyone on here commenting is subject to the UCMJ. Last I checked, when I got out that made it possible for me to say that the 1st Sgt from the article needs to be brought in front of her commander and SGM so they can find something productive to do with her own soldiers instead of wasting the time of the Military. Soldiers need to grow the **** up, before to long Boot Camp is going to be two weeks of knot tying and instructions on filling out complaint forms.

Earning a medal or award should not be the question of how can I screw over other soldiers. When a man dismounts a vehicle with a 240B and cross's a ditch to fire on enemy soldiers while his squad is pinned down and ends up saving the day and he gets a pat on the back that's bull shit.
    Yet the Major gets his CAB and ARCOM for the report he wrote up for himself all because one mortar round landed on a part of the FOB that isn't even occupied. That's the new breed of soldiers in this Army and we have First Sgt. Katrina Moerk to thank for those kinds of changes. It is far more important for us to rat out our Brothers in Arms for making a comment about fucking their girlfriend than it is to actually be ready to defend our Country and Freedoms.

Next time that bitch gets offended send her my way so I can explain to her what it's like in the real world.

**** all you sensitive bitches, go make me a fucking sandwich and get back into the typing pool where you belong.

Top Bottom