• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Got this today for my daughter. Single shot Savage. Came from Gunbroker.
    609bd0bcfd3cd13c39945a20139afa2e.jpg
    I like the Savage Rascal over the Cricket. The Rascal is set up like most regular bolt rifles. The Cricket, the shooter has to pull back the firing pin, and I have a friend whose daughter tried to pull it back and was not able to get it all the way back. It slipped out of her grasp and sent a round off between her dad and another friend. I sold the one I had for my son and bought the Rascal.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    From my experience the Savage is easier to load and it has a bullet ramp to the barrel and the Cricket doesn't.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I bought my son a Chipmunk in the late 90's. It is basically the same as the Cricket. It was tough for little fingers to load and manipulate. Although that may not be a bad thing as it makes the adult more involved in what's going on.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well as ron pointed out I do still have a couple 10/22 s available. The modified guns are probably a little heavy and advanced for her but something she could grow into.
    The stock ones are probably my favorite camo pattern, mossy oak. The pink hogue stock is made for a bull barrel so ideally the Magpul rifle could be dropped into that stock. When I do trigger work, I modify only the hammer, so I could include a factory new hammer that would restore the trigger weight to around 5 pounds.
    Finally, I also have plenty of 22 ammo so if you make it down towards Austin I can get you plenty at around 8 CPR in addition to the 100 free rounds I'm including. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Top Bottom