• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Got this today for my daughter. Single shot Savage. Came from Gunbroker.
    609bd0bcfd3cd13c39945a20139afa2e.jpg
    I like the Savage Rascal over the Cricket. The Rascal is set up like most regular bolt rifles. The Cricket, the shooter has to pull back the firing pin, and I have a friend whose daughter tried to pull it back and was not able to get it all the way back. It slipped out of her grasp and sent a round off between her dad and another friend. I sold the one I had for my son and bought the Rascal.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    From my experience the Savage is easier to load and it has a bullet ramp to the barrel and the Cricket doesn't.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I bought my son a Chipmunk in the late 90's. It is basically the same as the Cricket. It was tough for little fingers to load and manipulate. Although that may not be a bad thing as it makes the adult more involved in what's going on.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well as ron pointed out I do still have a couple 10/22 s available. The modified guns are probably a little heavy and advanced for her but something she could grow into.
    The stock ones are probably my favorite camo pattern, mossy oak. The pink hogue stock is made for a bull barrel so ideally the Magpul rifle could be dropped into that stock. When I do trigger work, I modify only the hammer, so I could include a factory new hammer that would restore the trigger weight to around 5 pounds.
    Finally, I also have plenty of 22 ammo so if you make it down towards Austin I can get you plenty at around 8 CPR in addition to the 100 free rounds I'm including. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom