• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I OC at 3 o'clock in a Bladetech WRS LVL II setup for a straight drop. Tried to do an offset drop for a while but didn't find it comfortable with my 5.11 "operator" belt so just went straight hip mounted with the paddle attachment. I don't have any pictures but may try to get some today either at work (work in a gun shop right now so OC is a daily thing at work) or here at the house.

When I get in the Jeep I either leave it in the holster if I'm going a short distance or if I'm driving across Dallas or out to my parents house in Mineral Wells I'll take it out and tuck it between center console and seat. I've been meaning to pick up an extra BLADETECH open top holster and mount it to a TECLOK then screw the TECLOK to the underside of the dash. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Edit-Guess I could skip the TECLOK and just attach the holster straight to the dash.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    I carry about a g17 1:30-2 in a bravo concealment BCA holster. I got the BCA because it has a slight cant because when I conceal carry, it makes the bottom of the grip stick out less.
    That being said, I'm in the market for a g19 eventually, and when I get that I will be buying a 0 cant holster, and it will be bravo concealment. I could not be happier with their holsters

Nano65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2016
    S20,

I OC when at gas stations as I've found more than a few times beggars, who might be something else or petty sales people think I'm a captive audience.

Since I've started OCing when filling up the truck, not one pesterer has tried to beg or sell me anything.

I appendix carry and at this point have yet to buy a retention holster, but plan to.

Here is an inexpensive Barsony OWB retention belt holster that I use for my XDs45. I got it on eBay for $19.99 with free shipping and I really do like it.

pyBIxNel.jpg

Last edited:

Nano65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2016
    OK, here is one more. My favorite open carry holster is a Versacarry Bridle leather Protector series size 4.

qknIA8Vl.jpg

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Since I ALWAYS carry cross-draw (as I did starting way back when -- in the RVN!), I long ago discovered that ANY kind of true crossdraw holster was often hard to find, even in leather. UNTIL the polymer "roto" holsters came along, that is. And since they also have a Level 2 retention device (like Blackhawk Serpas do), that's great for OCing, too!

I'm talking about those "gear/disk" type holsters offered by IMI Defense (Israel) and Tactical Scorpion (Cytac/China): These holsters have a "360 degree" adjustability cant-wise, so I can carry my gun on my left side (immediately left of my belt buckle) and canted exactly as I prefer it to draw comfortably with my right hand. I think these polymer "roto" holsters are a great concept and most likely, I'll stick with them from now on over any leather holsters as I used to prefer in cross-draw...that is, IF you could find any (as mentioned). Especially for the "obsolete/obscure" OC guns I woudl carry, which made finding ANY holster for it -- cross-draw or not -- was extra difficult as the guns weren't "mainstream."

Presently, my OC gun (EAA Witness P-S FDE 9mm, with rails) is carried in a Tactical Scorpion "roto" holster (one designed for a Sig-Sauer P226 "with or without rails" as sadly, NO ONE makes a roto-style holster specifically for ANY EAA/Tanfoglio Witness -- and no, a CZ-75 roto-holster does NOT fit as the "CZ-75 CLone" Witness is a tad too wide (rail area) to go into the holster!) -- but the P226 Cytac holster fits my Witness perfectly.

I WAS using a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster even though it's adjustable cant isn't anywhere near as flexible as a roto holster's is -- but it DID work cross-draw -- but again I had to get a Serpa designed for a Sig-Sauer P226 (with or without rails) to fit after some modifications (not exactly "minor" mods though -- not to the holster itself but to one of the 3 mounting points needing removal -- but it turned out very nicely regardless).

The Tactical Scorpion (Cytac) P226 holster needed ZERO mods to fit the Witness. I'm 99% sure an IMI Defense "Roto-Rig" holster for a P226 ("with or without rails" or "with rails") would fit also, and again, without any mods.

The Serpa and IMI Defense holster look to be much sturdier (thicker/stiffer polymer used) than the Cytac holsters, so IMO one of those 2 brands would be preferred over a Cytac if that's an issue to someone.

I also use a Tactical Scorpion/Cytac "roto" holster for my Sig-Sauer P238 .380 ACP...THAT holster IS made for this specific gun so it fits perfectly. TMK, Blackhawk does not make a Serpa CQC (or any) holster for a P238. I carry my 2 spare P238 mags in a DeSantis leather single-stack/double-mag .380ACP pouch.

My first OC gunbelt was a 1.5" wide Comp-Tac (Houston, TX) "Kydex Reinforced Contour Belt" (which I used for 3 years while living in CO and OCing up there daily -- an EXCELLENT leather gunbelt) and WAS using it here in TX, too, once my LTC permit arrived (recently)...but then just w weeks ago (@ our local Gander Mountain store) got a 5.11 Tactical Operators belt (1.75" wide nylon webbing) which replaced the Comp-Tac as my daily-carry belt. My 2 spare mags are carried in a Blackhawk "generic" 9mm polymer double-stack/double-mag case/pouch.

-- BR

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I only carry openly when the wind blows my coat/jacket/shirt away or when I bent over to pick something up and then don't have hands free to adjust my aformentioned garments ;)

Top Bottom