SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Alan and I have both seen some pretty ridiculous and downright shady stuff go on with some of the numerous forums we've both been on over the years. Another major forum recently had another in a long line of fiascos recently, which some of you are probably aware of. It's pretty ridiculous some of the politicking, favoritism (to the point of protecting scam artists and poor quality individuals), ego-tripping, etc. that occurs on some forums. It all gets pretty damn old, honestly. We just like to be real with people. A heck of a lot easier, and on the conscience as well, as opposed to concealing the truth.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    This forum is like the Hicksville of gun forums. That's why I like it here. We have our moments, but all together its a bunch of stand-up members who just see things a little different.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    This forum is like the Hicksville of gun forums. That's why I like it here. We have our moments, but all together its a bunch of stand-up members who just see things a little different.

Never been to Hicksville. I'm not sure if that's good or bad?!?! LOL

This is hands down the best community I've seen built online though. I'm trying to make some changes to my professional life to be home in Texas more for my family. Hopefully that allows me to meet some of y'all in person at shoots and meetups as well.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Never been to Hicksville. I'm not sure if that's good or bad?!?! LOL

This is hands down the best community I've seen built online though. I'm trying to make some changes to my professional life to be home in Texas more for my family. Hopefully that allows me to meet some of y'all in person at shoots and meetups as well.
    There's a reason we keep having group meet ups there and people come from all over the state ;)

Your screen name shouldn't be "Sig Fiend." It should be "Sig Friend." :rolleyes:
    That. Just. Happened!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Dammit, it was going so well.

Is there a reason there is only one post with no context?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Cops get a bad rap for the same reason as gun owners. Only the bad ones get talked about.

For that same reason a lot of people get accused of being cop bashers. They post in threads on a one sides story where LEOs appear to be in the wrong.

I like that we can speak out minds on this forum. Don't think I've ever had fear of being name for saying what I think, other than personal feeling about a member from time to time, lol.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Alright, I guess this one is done.

*Edited to add*

Look, what's been done is done. What happens on other sites needs to stay on those sites. Unless it's an extreme case, off-site drama should remain off-site. We should consider our words wisely, especially when tempers and emotions flare. We may say things we don't mean, and it generally doesn't lead anywhere good. Lets just drop it and move on, before things get worse here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom