For those of you who THINK for yourself...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    always be on guard.

Found this Associated Press article interesting. It’s dated yesterday (April 5, 2015) and the subject had to do with the NRA annual convention in Nashville and the fact the Tennessee Governor had not been invited to speak at this “event.”
    (AP) Author: Erik Schelzig

The article started off fairly sedate (if not actually ‘charitable’) by a national media source:

“…more than 70,000 gun enthusiasts descend on Nashville for the National Rifle Association's annual meeting this week…”

I was thinking to myself, the use of the term “gun enthusiasts” for NRA members was nice to see. They usually refer to the NRA membership as those “gun lobbyists.”

But of course OLD HABBITS are hard to break and by the end of that same AP article, there it was:

“…the meeting of the powerful gun lobby…”

This is the kind of incredibly subtle and yet seditious behavior I’ve come to expect from the propaganda machine that is our country’s main stream press.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That's absolutely correct! Participants in the shooting sports have been demonized and vilified by the media for decades! Meanwhile, turds like Feinstein are entitled "The distinguished Senator from California."

The late Ted Kennedy left a trail of slime wherever he went, but he was always referred to as the "Distinguished Senator............" I'll wager that Mary Jo Kopecne didn't see him in that light when Ted abandoned her to drown in his submerged car. He hid out long enough to sober up, concoct a story and get his lawyers and liars churning up a "spin."

Meanwhile, no matter how we conduct ourselves, we are portrayed as drunken, ignorant, knuckle dragging apes.

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    always be on guard.

Found this Associated Press article interesting. It’s dated yesterday (April 5, 2015) and the subject had to do with the NRA annual convention in Nashville and the fact the Tennessee Governor had not been invited to speak at this “event.”
    (AP) Author: Erik Schelzig

The article started off fairly sedate (if not actually ‘charitable’) by a national media source:

“…more than 70,000 gun enthusiasts descend on Nashville for the National Rifle Association's annual meeting this week…”

I was thinking to myself, the use of the term “gun enthusiasts” for NRA members was nice to see. They usually refer to the NRA membership as those “gun lobbyists.”

But of course OLD HABBITS are hard to break and by the end of that same AP article, there it was:

“…the meeting of the powerful gun lobby…”

This is the kind of incredibly subtle and yet seditious behavior I’ve come to expect from the propaganda machine that is our country’s main stream press.

I think, no, I'm certain we have no idea of the context since you cherry picked passages. It may be propaganda and may not.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yep, the propaganda is everywhere. I got a letter from the NRA the other day about being nominated for some sort of award. Further in the letter it talks about how membership to be one of these elite award winners costs $200 a year :laughing: Who falls for this crap?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TheDan,

Obviously those who have more $$$$ than brains.

Btw, have you seen the ANTI-Campus Carry TV commercials being run by "Blooming Idiot" & his NY pals? -- Just because you have lots of money doesn't mean you have either brains or commonsense. = Bloomberg is proof positive of that fact.
    (The "knew yawk crowd" weren't even smart enough to have a speaker from TX read their foolishness.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom