• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    They are MORE than $500 tops, new. Mine (gen 4) was a steal at $525 and that was years ago.

zNlkR5E.png

Bit more for the gen 5 if you really must have the latest.
    DK Firearms

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    Every person I’ve talked to that has sold or traded off their G26 had regretted it in hindsight.

I prefer the 27 as a carry gun. Here’s why.

1. Fatter Grip - I do like the fatter grip. Better for my hands. You can get a grip extender that gives your pinky some purchase.
    2. Mags - A G43 take G43 mags. I carry the G26, but my spare mags are all G17 mags. Easily concealed or carried in a horizontal pouch and a whole lot ammo than a G43 mag. G19 mags work as week

3. Familiarity - the Rule of Commonality is one of the most sensible rules in the universe. Granted my 26 is compact but the width and the look and feel is very similar to my G19. That means my muscle memory has less work to do in distinguishing between the two. Because I do shoot my G19 a lot as well..

How do you conceal carry now? I carry st he 3:30-4:00 o’clock with an AlienGear I’ve had for 4 yrs. smooth and fast. And pretty comfy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    View attachment 140816

Bit more for the gen 5 if you really must have the latest.

Wow I feel pretty good then. I picked mine up in Copperas Cove for $349 (Gen 4) with 2 mags. It wasn’t brand new but it belonged to the gun stores gunsmiths wife (say that fast 10 times )and I ca tell she just didn’t shoot it. Of course I paid for it later when the guy jacked up my form 4 and I had to redo it 9 months into my wait.). But the 26 was a great buy.

napalmsloth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2018
    Beaumont
    Every person I’ve talked to that has sold or traded off their G26 had regretted it in hindsight.

1. Fatter Grip - I do like the fatter grip. Better for my hands. You can get a grip extender that gives your pinky some purchase.
    2. Mags - A G43 take G43 mags. I carry the G26, but my spare mags are all G17 mags. Easily concealed or carried in a horizontal pouch and a whole lot ammo than a G43 mag. G19 mags work as week

3. Familiarity - the Rule of Commonality is one of the most sensible rules in the universe. Granted my 26 is compact but the width and the look and feel is very similar to my G19. That means my muscle memory has less work to do in distinguishing between the two. Because I do shoot my G19 a lot as well..

How do you conceal carry now? I carry st he 3:30-4:00 o’clock with an AlienGear I’ve had for 4 yrs. smooth and fast. And pretty comfy .

I carry my 43 at the 4:30 position, slightly canted forward. The holster is made of kydex. I got it from Tacticalhippo on Etsy. It’s very comfortable.
    m7l4k0a.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Opinion?

Put all your Glocks in a bag.
    Place bag of Glocks in your vehicle.
    Drive to local lake.
    Throw bag of Glocks into water.
    Cheer loudly while watching the evil things descend to the depths.
    Drive to local gun shop.
    Buy a 1911.

napalmsloth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2018
    Beaumont
    Opinion?

Put all your Glocks in a bag.
    Place bag of Glocks in your vehicle.
    Drive to local lake.
    Throw bag of Glocks into water.
    Cheer loudly while watching the evil things descend to the depths.
    Drive to local gun shop.
    Buy a 1911.

Thanks for your opinion.
    I have a 1911 that I like. I don’t have any issues with it, I just like the way Glocks fit my hand better.
    Reliability is on par with each other.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I replaced my Ruger LC9 with a Glock 26 because I wanted a pistol that fit my hand better. Other than Ameriglo fiber-optic sights, the 26 is stock. I strongly recommend 12rd extended mags from Magpul or Pearce +2 mag extensions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    I have a Glock 26 and find it to conceal much better than a Glock 19. I have Glock +2 extensions on the G26, not only to get a better grip while I am shooting the gun but also because I can draw the gun faster and more positively when there is more surface to grip. That said, I use a timer and practice drawing from closed shirt concealment regularly.

As to the post that the G43 has a better trigger than other Glocks, they all have the Glock safe action and are very similiar other than the G34/35 or similar competetion models that have a lighter connector.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

A G26 and a G27 have the same exterior dimensions, grip, etc. :green:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I have, and carry a G26 regularly now that we have OC. I don't open carry, but carry OWB in a Fobus paddle covered by a long shirt. When we were CC only, I could never find an IWB that was comfortable. Then again, I'm fat.

I do still carry a G42 IWB at times and find it very comfortable.

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    A G26 and a G27 have the same exterior dimensions, grip, etc. :green:
    I had wondered about the same but came to the conclusion that Robert had actually meant to comparre the G27 to the G43 but he throws the G26 into the post quite often, too :).

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have a 26 and carry it more than my others. I have a big paw, so I need the mag extender to make it fit my pinky. But in my dress pants it's a great pocket gun.

It's smallish, and the 27 (40 cal) had too much recoil for a small gun. The 26, had no issues with recoil / holding it secure.

I'm a Sig guy too, and have several, but I like Glocks too. The feel is different, but they are accurate and pretty much shoot any ammo you feed them.

I see lightly used 26's for sale all the time around $400 - $450.

napalmsloth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2018
    Beaumont
    Hey guys. Thanks for all of the reply's. I'm still thinking of a trade or sale, as long as the price or trade is right.
    I still like the idea of a G26 though.

Cheers!!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom