Spaz Pug.gif
    Venture Surplus ad

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Am I the only one who don’t need pinkies on the gun to shoot it?

I had to look for validation somewhere:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-1000583.html

The “non-pinkie life”, lol.
    Even with +2 extensions, I can't get my pinky on the grip. The extension lets me snug my pinky under the mag for better control. If you've ever shot a single-action revolver with the traditional plowhandle grip, you'll understand the advantages.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I also don’t shoot high caliber, so maybe that’s it, true.

Still how powerful is that pinky finger for the grip, really? It’s got to be just a step above useless, really.

Just a simple, fairly uninformed thought that I can wait to talk further about elsewhere so as not to extensively hijack.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I have been a Glock user for decades. I tried to carry a Gen1 for duty and they were so new, our Rangemaster would not approve it. I just bought a G26 last year and I dunno what took so long. Great gun that is carried 70% of the time now as my EDC. Completely stock but running Magpul and ETS mags since an AR pistol caliber pistol is my trunk gun. Very happy with the set up I have for job based requirements.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I also don’t shoot high caliber, so maybe that’s it, true.

Still how powerful is that pinky finger for the grip, really? It’s got to be just a step above useless, really.

Just a simple, fairly uninformed thought that I can wait to talk further about elsewhere so as not to extensively hijack.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I have a 26 and carry it more than my others. I have a big paw, so I need the mag extender to make it fit my pinky. But in my dress pants it's a great pocket gun.

It's smallish, and the 27 (40 cal) had too much recoil for a small gun. The 26, had no issues with recoil / holding it secure.

I'm a Sig guy too, and have several, but I like Glocks too. The feel is different, but they are accurate and pretty much shoot any ammo you feed them.

I see lightly used 26's for sale all the time around $400 - $450.
    I never see them under $500. I’ll tell you what, I need to save up a chunk and get either a 26 or a 19 for my eldest as a graduation gift. Guess I need to ask him what he would prefer. He can shoot a 34, so a I bet a 19 would be just perfect for a carry gun. 26 would be ok. Once I have my chunk of change ready, I’ll be appreciating any good scores on something like that. I’ll have to ask people to send me a message when they see a good deal.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I never see them under $500. I’ll tell you what, I need to save up a chunk and get either a 26 or a 19 for my eldest as a graduation gift. Guess I need to ask him what he would prefer. He can shoot a 34, so a I bet a 19 would be just perfect for a carry gun. 26 would be ok. Once I have my chunk of change ready, I’ll be appreciating any good scores on something like that. I’ll have to ask people to send me a message when they see a good deal.

You've spelled 1911 incorrectly.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Are those lightweight to carry and cheap enough that I’ll want to buy him one instead of buy myself something (selfish bitch vibe showing)?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Similar enough that at the range I accidently picked up the husband’s 27, popped my 9mm mag in and shot it without noticing anything different until the trigger pull.

Well, I did notice that his sights were gross and filthy with man grime, but my befuddlement didn’t compute that that firearm wasn’t my very own 26.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    You've spelled 1911 incorrectly.

I'd advise that only if she bought him a Model T to drive for his 16th birthday... :D

I am one that doesn't care for my pinky hanging unsupported but that's mostly a feel thing. I haven't noticed my shooting being any worse than my normal shotgun patterns at 10 yards.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hey y’all. I currently own a Gen 3 Glock 19 and a Glock 43. Both are fine guns and shoot very well. Lately though, I’ve been thinking of the Glock 26. I like the the thought of it as a mid size between the 19 and 43.
    Does anyone own one? If so, what are your thoughts? I have a Sig P232 that I’m thinking of offering in trade for a G26, once I make up my mind.

Anyway, thanks for any replies.

I have several Glocks, and others. For comfortable IWB CC, the G26 is my "go-to" & "EDC". I use 2 GALCO mag belt carriers, with 10 round mags, and usually have another 10 or G19 15 round'er in a pocket. My G26 has the "LaserMax", which is turned-on by leather holsters, so I carry it in a "On Your Six" Kydex IWB, from San Antonio, which never has activated the Laser. Oh, and those little snap-on mag bases solve the "pinky" problem. leVieux

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I have a little $15 (xGrip) loop of plastic that fits over a 17 round mag to insert into the Glock 26 and can accommodate any full grip and is very comfortable.

I’ll test to see if I’m more accurate with this full grip or my 10 round mag or no different.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I have a little $15 (xGrip) loop of plastic that fits over a 17 round mag to insert into the Glock 26 and can accommodate any full grip and is very comfortable.

I’ll test to see if I’m more accurate with this full grip or my 10 round mag or no different.

That's what I got to use full sized mags in the 99c:

2dkbzip.jpg

Top Bottom