• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • napalmsloth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2018
    Beaumont
    Hey y’all. I currently own a Gen 3 Glock 19 and a Glock 43. Both are fine guns and shoot very well. Lately though, I’ve been thinking of the Glock 26. I like the the thought of it as a mid size between the 19 and 43.
    Does anyone own one? If so, what are your thoughts? I have a Sig P232 that I’m thinking of offering in trade for a G26, once I make up my mind.

Anyway, thanks for any replies.
    Venture Surplus ad

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Though I'm not a fan of the G 26, 42, or 43, they don't fit my large paw well. That doesn't mean that they are not proven sidearms. Why not just keep the Sig and buy the 26 outright? Might save you from kicking yourself in the future.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I have a Glock 26. It is my carry gun. It’s just fatter than the 43. I think the 43 would conceal better.

I can’t give up my 26 though. I have tons of mags that fit it.

I was shooting side by side at the range with a lady shooting a 43 at my girl and a gun meeting. I shot (my 17 round mag) for DAYS while she ran out of ammo so fast and just watched me keep going and going. What have you GOT in there? She asked.

Having so many rounds with the Glock 9MM magazine options make it a fun range gun in addition to my concealed carry.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Do not get rid of the Sig. Especially not trading it in on a G26, especially not seeing how you already have a G43, which has a much nicer trigger somehow than the 26.

napalmsloth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2018
    Beaumont
    It’s not that I’m not a Sig fan. The P232 is a great shooter, but to be truthful, I’m a Glock whore. I shoot them better, and they fit my hand better. I’m just more comfortable with them. I’d rather use the money I already have in my hobby without adding much more to it.

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    Wife has one. It's a nice gun.
    Haven't concealed it so I can't say anything about that.

You'll probably want a mag with the pinky finger bit because of the short grip.

napalmsloth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2018
    Beaumont
    Buy a big safe, problem solved! Or at least wait a minimum of a year before you sell one. If you still want to sell it, go for it. But if you have sellers remorse for selling it earlier, yer' done for!
    I’ve had the Sig since 1999. Only shot it a few times.
    It doesn’t inspire me very much.
    Its like my guitars, I owned a strat for over 20 years, but strats don’t inspire me to play like my Gibson’s do. So, it had to go.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Wife has one. It's a nice gun.
    Haven't concealed it so I can't say anything about that.

You'll probably want a mag with the pinky finger bit because of the short grip.

I don’t use my pinky finger. It’s not needed to get a good grip.

I tried the Pearce grips extender and it pinched my finger so I removed them.

I like my Vicker’s tactical mag base plates that I have on my 10 round mags now.

I do still have them. Would mail the two of them if somebody wanted them because they are less than worthless to me.

Husband on the other hand, loves them for his Glock 27 in .40.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Yeah, but a brand new G26 is like $500, tops, and that's where a used P232 STARTS. Trading it in towards a Glock is like paying for your smokes with grandpa's silver dollars.

They are MORE than $500 tops, new. Mine (gen 4) was a steal at $525 and that was years ago.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have a 26,19, 43,17, 41, 21C, 30, 19X...yeah its gets out of hand fast.

I like the 26 and it shoots great. But I end up carrying my 19 or 43 most of the time.

Top Bottom