• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Better logistics and more resources. Rifles don’t win wars and pistols sure as hell don’t. Pistols are an after thought for people that are not fighting. Look around and see how many infranty units are issued pistols. None. Officers sure, they don’t fight though. They command those that do. Saying a pistol “won” anything on a war scale is silly AT BEST and ignorant if I want to ruffle feathers.

It was cheap, reliable, fit the requirements and in a round we liked. Therefore it was the pistol we used. Once it wasn’t those things we stopped using it. The military does not use the “Best” small arms it uses the best that meets the min requirements set forward.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The 1911 hung around a lot longer than any other weapon used by the Army.

And many organizations still use the 1911 (e.g., Texas Rangers). Not because it meets min. requirements.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Remember that oil and especially grease will trap dirt and then become like a lapping compound. I guess if your gun wiggles already, then it doesn't matter. But if it's precision fit, don't mess it up.

If you think the belly button lint and soft hydrocarbons that get trapped in oil & grease can wear the steel, I've got ocean front property in Arizona to sell you and a Corpus Christi beauty pageant for you to judge

Top Bottom