APOD Firearms

Forcefully signed document & notortized document hold any value ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    So, say the Coyote and the Roadrunner were holding Porky-pig hostage.
    Would the document Tweety signed still be binding even though Sylvester threatened to shave off Yosemite Sams mustache?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have my thoughts, but given this is a hypothetical situation, it's not worth expressing them, since the OP can change things around at will, and we'll end up chasing our tales. Sorry - but IMHO, this is a total waste of time.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    TR, I would like to know what you think really. Not a lot is changed for except what has been said in given situation.
    I have my thoughts, but given this is a hypothetical situation, it's not worth expressing them, since the OP can change things around at will, and we'll end up chasing our tales. Sorry - but IMHO, this is a total waste of time.

fgarcia3441

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    SA (Sea World Area)
    This reminds me when Roger Rabbit, was framed with the murder of Marvin Acme. Marvin Acme, is the inventor of the Acme Pen, this type of pen is use when signing document under duress. Fortunately Roger Rabbit was only charge with murder and it was easier for him to prove his innocent than him being accused of signing a document under duress.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Forcefully signed document & notortized document hold any value ?

But what if space aliens!?

In the case of Marvin all bets are off.

Also, I'd like to meet the fella who can shave the moustache off of Sam.

For any one of you lilly livered bow legged varmits care the slap leather with him, in case any of ya get any idears, ya better know yer dealin with. He's tha' hootiness, tootiness, shootiness bob tailed wild cat in the west. [fires his guns at the ground, levatating himself for a second] He's tha' fastest gun north, south, east, andddd west of tha' Pecos.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Oh, I know. I always wondered how far someone could argue they were under duress to sign it since the only other option is imprisonment. I always wheel and deal with the prosecutor before it gets that far.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Oh, I know. I always wondered how far someone could argue they were under duress to sign it since the only other option is imprisonment. I always wheel and deal with the prosecutor before it gets that far.

What use would it be, since it's just bail?

Top Bottom