• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

It's been frozen in time. Where I left off is the exact condition she's in. I still have to finish the top on the car. The deal with that. The two black triangle pieces that fill a gap between the weather stripping. Are jacked up, peeling, and corroded. I either have buy news ones. Or fix the old ones.

Of course, GM is the only one that makes them. So they have a factory fresh price.

Every screw and nut was cataloged and bagged. I just need to figure out how to fill corroded pot metal or tap it out bigger.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yes, it's still getting a black crush velvet accented interior. You can dog the green/teal/blue paint all you want. That's genuine patina.

Old girl has earned it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Pull up next to it. Come on now. Represent the 6th gen. The 5th gen isn't a 9 second car. Call me on it.

Pull up next to it. I don't offer excuses or entertain them.
    *facepalm*

I've told you multiple times, I'm your huckleberry. I'm not afraid to lose. Busting down inflated egos is just icing on the cake.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    *facepalm*

I've told you multiple times, I'm your huckleberry. I'm not afraid to lose. Busting down inflated egos is just icing on the cake.

Yawn. You'd be lucky to even have the change. Consider it an extra to life.

Huck'

Factory tires, Homie.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If you choose to go up against me. So help me, Lord above.

I'll Come serious. Ill spend a month under this hood.

It's the Texas thing to do. I don't know any other way...

Fault my birth.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    And on that note.

I've gotta replace the pivot pin in the steering column. Years of being pulled on have probably broke the upper 'bowl' of the steering column tilt.

If that's the case. There's no repairing it unless GM still sells the piece.

The front brakes have to be converted to the 99+ year. That entails brake rotors, calipers, wheel bearings. Then there's rim clearance.

Project on to itself.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    And on that note.

I've gotta replace the pivot pin in the steering column. Years of being pulled on have probably broke the upper 'bowl' of the steering column tilt.

If that's the case. There's no repairing it unless GM still sells the piece.

The front brakes have to be converted to the 99+ year. That entails brake rotors, calipers, wheel bearings. Then there's rim clearance.

Project on to itself.

Or the ratchet pin on the tilt mechanism.
    Also, the pivot pin is an interference fit with the outer column collar keeping it in place.
    Could be a simple fix.

FYI ...

I have a complete steering column, rotors, calipers, caliper rebuild kits, caliper baskets, slider pins, boots, knuckles, hubs, bolts and new PF brake pads ... everything for the conversion.
    I've offered most everything you've needed for this rebuild for free ... just come and get it. You chose to spend money instead.

Price is now $10,000. Or I'll take it to the dump.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Or the ratchet pin on the tilt mechanism.
    Also, the pivot pin is an interference fit with the outer column collar keeping it in place.
    Could be a simple fix.

FYI ...

I have a complete steering column, rotors, calipers, caliper rebuild kits, caliper baskets, slider pins, boots, knuckles, hubs, bolts and new PF brake pads ... everything for the conversion.
    I've offered most everything you've needed for this rebuild for free ... just come and get it. You chose to spend money instead.

Price is now $10,000. Or I'll take it to the dump.
    You and I need to hang out sometime.

I like you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I don't have the room. Or I would have been there Mitch. I have a garage stuffed with tools and another camaro.

The only other place is the living room. The GF won't go for that.

Top Bottom