• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    These ammo sellers must be smoking crack.
    This gives insanity a whole new meaning.
    A fool & his money is soon parted...........

SG ammo had Tula 7.62x39 for $399. per 1000 last week.
    Today it's $539.50 per 1000

I paid $229. for this 2 years ago.
    This was $162. a year ago.

Venture Surplus ad

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Perhaps they have heard what I have heard.....The Biden crime family is getting ready to punish Russia....and cheap Russian ammo is coming to a halt soon................along with other sanctions on Russian imports.......

Russia!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The sad part is people will pay those kind of prices
    I learned a very long tine ago that hobbies are never cheap. Hunting & shooting are great ways to reduce stress. My dad use to look @ me crazy like about what I was spending my money on while I did the same over his R/C planes.

Wants & needs are 2 different things. If you want something bad enough you find a way. I worked 2 jobs for 22 years to get what I have, and really didn't mind do it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I learned a very long tine ago that hobbies are never cheap.
    And if a hobby is cheap, there will be companies and people that promote doing it in a way that isn't cheap.

Physical fitness should be cheap. Some decent running shoes (when you're young and your knees aren't screaming), a half-dozen kettlebells, and a mat is all you need, right? Nope. As soon as you start to enjoy it, the fact that us humans are social animals will kick in and you'll want to commune with others who have the same interests. Enter: expensive gym memberships, keeping-up-with-the-Joneses equipment purchases, travel expenses to go to competitions, etc.

I could be happy shooting a .22 pistol as my only firearm for the rest of my life. When it comes to the real benefit it provides me, the meditation, I could settle for a laser pistol. But did I do that? Nope. I wanted to be around other people and test myself and travel and etc., etc., etc. I wound up spending everything I could spare on shooting pistol silhouette back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. And I've repeated that pattern since then.

To tie this back to the topic - Given the prices of ammo, I wonder if laser pistols are selling like crazy, too? They're only good for target shooting but the nice ones are really nice.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Speaking of Gun Broker, $2per round

1611506157295.png

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    And if a hobby is cheap, there will be companies and people that promote doing it in a way that isn't cheap.

Physical fitness should be cheap. Some decent running shoes (when you're young and your knees aren't screaming), a half-dozen kettlebells, and a mat is all you need, right? Nope. As soon as you start to enjoy it, the fact that us humans are social animals will kick in and you'll want to commune with others who have the same interests. Enter: expensive gym memberships, keeping-up-with-the-Joneses equipment purchases, travel expenses to go to competitions, etc.

I could be happy shooting a .22 pistol as my only firearm for the rest of my life. When it comes to the real benefit it provides me, the meditation, I could settle for a laser pistol. But did I do that? Nope. I wanted to be around other people and test myself and travel and etc., etc., etc. I wound up spending everything I could spare on shooting pistol silhouette back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. And I've repeated that pattern since then.

To tie this back to the topic - Given the prices of ammo, I wonder if laser pistols are selling like crazy, too? They're only good for target shooting but the nice ones are really nice.
    I use a LaserLyte cartridge for 9mm and .45acp, and have a free program called "ShootOff" where you put a target on a wall, aim your computer webcam at it and it keeps score for you.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well even if sleepy Joe bans Russian imports we should still be ok when it comes to steel cased AK ammo. Most of the monarch is Serbian anyways. Also since he sucks Ukrainian cox we should see plenty of that as an alternative.

Years ago I bought a case of wolf headstamped Ukrainian produced 7.62x39. It was a limited run of hp ammo that chronographed hotter than anything I had ever shot, topping 2400 fps in a 15" barrel. According to ammo shack or wherever I bought it, it did not carry the wolf performance guarantee.

It runs my VZ 58s flawlessly so I'd be happy to buy more if it came around again. As far as 223 I'm counting on the Taiwanese to send plenty more wolf gold our way. 9mm is also a world market product, it will come around even if domestic production can't keep up.

The only stuff I think we're screwed on is 357 mag and 38 ammo. It's the only thing that's dried up everywhere.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Shortages have momentum. Things don't suddenly get better because stocks increase. People will be afraid and continue hoarding. We saw this last summer with toilet paper. No company is going to go out and invest million$ on new equipment when you have a group in power that believes the Second Amendment should be shredded. It's going to be several years - at least - for this to shake out.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    All of the law ENFORCEMENT agency's are stocking up also, that's where a lot of it goes.

Good point as their pockets are a lot deeper than your average citizen so they will shell out the extra money to be stocked with whatever they need. I am sure this is a factor in all this.

Top Bottom