• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Just read a post on Arfcom from a guy who had his efiled Form 1 approved and paperwork with stamp in hand in 3 months.
    Capitol Armory ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Just read a post on Arfcom from a guy who had his efiled Form 1 approved and paperwork with stamp in hand in 3 months.
    What year was this, lol. I suspect he was trolling, or just got exceptionally lucky.
    Everyone I know personally that has their paperwork in the pipeline has been waiting for at least 6 months and up.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I'm seeing Form 1 and Form 4 back from...January...

Even my Form 2 are running behind; I just got one back from August.

Alex

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Last week when I filed a form 4 they told me that it would only take 3 months, but I did not really believe them. That preceded the arfcom post but verified that it is possible. He said that it would only apply to e-forms. There have been a ton of e-forms filed in the last 3 months, I doubt that they will be able to keep that rate going.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    i can see the baft running through a few of the first submitted forums to test out the system. I doubt its going to be a huge number.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Lolwut. Has the e-file system even been up and running for 3 months?

I remember for the first couple weeks no one could even log in and then the shut down for another couple weeks and then the couple weeks where the pay system wasn't working.

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Read this: Are ATF?s Newly Approved Electronic eForms Legal? The Shocking Answer | Prince Law Offices, P.C.

Relevant quote:

"So, where’s the smoking gun? The one that ATF, who requires all of its FFLs to have strict compliance with the regulations, but fails, itself, to strictly adhere to the regulations? Simple…and it doesn’t even contain complex legal verbiage. 27 CFR 479.162, under the title, Stamps Authorized, provides
    Adhesive stamps of the $5 and $200 denomination, bearing the words “National Firearms Act,” have been prepared and only such stamps shall be used for the payment of the transfer tax and for the tax on the making of a firearm. (emphasis added)

Seems pretty clear to me. Only adhesive stamps can be utilized. The translucent electronic stamps are not the adhesive stamps that have been prepared. They aren’t even adhesive!"

How they resolve this will be interesting.

Last edited:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I am pretty sure they will arrange it in a way where they email first so you have permission to use. And later on within 6 to 12 months mail you physical form with actual stamp.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Man I hope this is true. Wpyld be awesome to start playing with my 300blk 8" barrel. I wonder what the deal is with the efiled form 4s if the form 1s are in fact coming through. Ive got quite a few electronically filed stamps waiting in line roght now.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Spoke with Dave at silencershop this morning and he said the atf only approved eforms for a couple weeks to test the system out then were told not to expect anymore fast approvals. Which means the two form ones I filed beginning of October probably wont be approved til later on. Bummer.

Top Bottom