Form 4

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by gladi8r, Sep 16, 2009.

1. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I need to find a dealer or someone in Central Texas that can help me find a form 4 and help me fill it out. I want to make a sbr out of my rra pistol. Anyone got experience with this.

2. jasont

jasont Active Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
  3. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Do I got through a shop or do I print the form and fill it out I got no idea when it comes to this stuff.

4. ducksps

ducksps Active Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
  5. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    so I just fill out the form 1 since I have a lower already. Can I register the pistol lower as the sbr or do i have to get a new one

6. ducksps

ducksps Active Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    You can register any lower but you will need to get it engraved with the entitiy making it, city, and state (this is likly to be you or your trust). You are considered the manufacturer when you fill out the paperwork.

7. good luck Gladi8r!!! the ATF times seem to be going back down. I just got mine at a little less that 3 1/2 months (with a trust).

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Go talk to Chuck's Class III or The Gun Shop in Cedar Park. They do 90% of the transfers in Austin from the paperwork I've seen.

Chuck and a friend of his are always at the Saxet Gun Show, they are in the back kinda towards the right usually. He'll be able to answer your questions.

If you don't have a trust, then I suggest Sean Cody. He's your man.