• ...and so much more!
  • sineypem

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2014
    TEXAS
    Hello All,

Just moved to Forney, Tx any suggestions for local places to shoot and LGS? I've seen CYA off 80 parking lot always seems empty??? Anyone else in the area?
    Hurley's Gold

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Not too familiar with what's around the Forney area, but there's the Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club on the east side of Terrell. It's a private club/range, but they're no longer accepting members according to their website. I believe most of their matches are open to the public, though.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    I lived down the road east of you for 10 years, moved last year. Terrell Rifle and Pistol club takes lets in new members each year after renewals are done. They target 700 members as optimal for the facilities they have. It was $400 initiation and $130 a year last year before I let my membership lapse. You have to know someone to get in now, they started that to prevent bad apples.

B&B guns off 205 is run by the Burns family. They are nice folks. Dan usually has plenty of reloading supplies and will teach you for free if you want to learn.

sineypem

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2014
    TEXAS
    I lived down the road east of you for 10 years, moved last year. Terrell Rifle and Pistol club takes lets in new members each year after renewals are done. They target 700 members as optimal for the facilities they have. It was $400 initiation and $130 a year last year before I let my membership lapse. You have to know someone to get in now, they started that to prevent bad apples.

B&B guns off 205 is run by the Burns family. They are nice folks. Dan usually has plenty of reloading supplies and will teach you for free if you want to learn.

Thanks bud

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX

That's good to know! I went there last November just to watch an M1 Garand match. Folks were real nice and the range was great.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    We have CYA, SAW, and B&S that are the closest. Wylie's is another good one if you don't mind going out Wills Point way.

Casper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2015
    Forney,Tx
    Just outside Forny towards Seagoville across the 20 there is an outdoor range called Fusion Gun Range, next to Cousins paintball, Never been but based on website looks like a good size, In Mesquite there is a Shop/Range called Gun Zone just off 30. Ok range maybe 9 lanes HG only no long guns, gets a bit hot in there.Target Master is about 25-35 away in Garland, 2 ranges one for long gun one for HG. Like this range because each lane has its own fan over top that keeps you cool. Both of those have full sales and service. I just bought an H&K VP9 from SAWS just down the road in Sunnyvale and gotta say best service I have had in a shop.

sineypem

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2014
    TEXAS
    Just outside ferny towards seagoville across the 20 there is an outdoor range called Fusion Gun Range, next to Cousins paintball, Never been but based on website looks like a good size, In Mesquite there is a Shop/Range called Gun Zone just of 30. Ok range maybe 9 lanes HG only no long guns, gets a bit hot in there.Target Master is about 25-35 away in Garland, 2 ranges one for long gun one for HG. Like this range because each lane has its own fan over top that keeps you cool. Both of those have full sales and service. I just bought an H&K VP9 from SAWS just down the road in Sunnyvale and gotta say best service I have had in a shop.

I'll keep the ranges in mind, I've known about target masters since I started traveling put here as I can see their building from where I work, first place I went when I had off time but their ammo prices for rentals D A M N!

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    I'll keep the ranges in mind, I've known about target masters since I started traveling put here as I can see their building from where I work, first place I went when I had off time but their ammo prices for rentals D A M N!

Yes sir, not only is Target Masters high on prices, but the indoor range is filthy. If you ever try to pick up your brass you'll get 3 lbs of dirt and dust with it.

Gibson's Outpost is just down the road from you on Lawson Rd, off 80.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/gibson-outpost-and-shooting-range-mesquite

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gearhead_Gunsmith
    Top Bottom