• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    The Fort Worth Air Show is next weekend, October 6 and 7. I was on the web page and found the following statement. Is this considered effective communication?

Entry Restrictions

Under the section for concealed handgun, the provide the 30.06 verbiage in both English and Spanish.
    Lynx Defense

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Additionally, I checked the State Fair of Texas web site. They changed the verbiage on consealed carry a bit. It now only mentions that the Cotton Bowl is off limits. I take issue with the bolded text as it only holds true if there is a game in progress whereas they make a blanket statement of fact, however erroneous I believe it mot be.

http://texasfairguide.com/faqs/
    Concealed Handgun PolicyA person holding a valid Texas Concealed Handgun License (or valid CHL from a reciprocating state) is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun; provided, however, that CHL holders will not be permitted to carry their concealed handgun inside the Cotton Bowl Stadium, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as “the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place.” Note that the Fair does not provide lockers for the storage or checking of weapons for CHL holders, so if you plan to attend a game or event in the Cotton Bowl, please secure your weapon at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds. We want the Fair to be a fun and safe experience.

also missing from the statement is the directive to inform at the gate.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If they're going to post a 30.06 on their website, I would expect to see the same sign at the gate.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've carried at the fair for years with no problems. You show your cc to who ever is doing the metal detecting wanding, they point you to another area to go to where you meet a police officer who examines your license, tells you to keep it concealed and wishes you a good day at the fair.

And that ladies and gents is a perfect example of a run on sentence full of good information.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    fair park has faded no weapons on premises signs in their parking lots. Probably pre-concealed carry legislation old.
    And if you're talking about the airshow at alliance. I don't remember 30.06 signs but they did check you with similar procedures as a baseball game.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I go to the Alliance Air Show yearly. They post an enforceable 30.06 sign at the entrance.

Fair Park is owned by the City of Dallas. 30.06 is not applicable there. You show your CHL to the wand holder and in you go.

I will be at Alliance on Sunday the 7th.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Hey guys, thanks for the additional information. I plan to be at the air show at Alliance on the 6th. TI, thanks for the information regarding the signage at the gate. The reason I asked is because I will have some very expensive camera gear and generally like to stash my snobby in the bag when I do. I guess it is me, the camera, and my lock-blade knife.

it has been a while since I went to the state fair. I don't recall someone wanding but that is likely my bad memory.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I'm not much into the static display. I can get those pretty much any day of the week. I'll fire up google maps and checkout the surrounding area outside the show. If need be, I can put the 2x on the 300mm f/2.8.

Thanks for the advice.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I pay for the $10 seats which are nearly dead center, and I can tell you the "photo ops" are spectacular. I will be posting pic s from the show. Looking forward to others

scout789

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    lake jackson, tx
    "Concealed Handgun PolicyA person holding a valid Texas Concealed Handgun License (or valid CHL from a reciprocating state) is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun; provided, however, that CHL holders will not be permitted to carry their concealed handgun inside the Cotton Bowl Stadium, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as “the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place.” Note that the Fair does not provide lockers for the storage or checking of weapons for CHL holders, so if you plan to attend a game or event in the Cotton Bowl, please secure your weapon at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds. We want the Fair to be a fun and safe experience."

So if I'm reading this correctly, they are saying that the fair can only be fun and safe if CHL holders leave their weapons at home? What a load of liberal BS.

Fox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Duncanville
    I go to the Alliance Air Show yearly. They post an enforceable 30.06 sign at the entrance.

Fair Park is owned by the City of Dallas. 30.06 is not applicable there. You show your CHL to the wand holder and in you go.

I will be at Alliance on Sunday the 7th.

Alliance is owned by Fort Worth, so the 30.06 shouldn't be valid there either. During regular business it could be considered a secure airport area which is banned, but during an airshow its public. Anyone ever carried during the air show?

This is off the alliance website.
    "Owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by privately-held Alliance Air Services, Fort Worth Alliance Airport provides state-of-the-art infrastructure and an award-winning FAA Air Traffic Control Tower."

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I just got back from the air show. There was no 30.06 signage at the VIP entrance where I made my way in. Had I not visited the web page and found the event coordinator's desires posted, there would be know way for me to know they were anti gun. Thus, I say the web posting is not effective communication.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Alliance is owned by Fort Worth, so the 30.06 shouldn't be valid there either. During regular business it could be considered a secure airport area which is banned, but during an airshow its public. Anyone ever carried during the air show?

This is off the alliance website.
    "Owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by privately-held Alliance Air Services, Fort Worth Alliance Airport provides state-of-the-art infrastructure and an award-winning FAA Air Traffic Control Tower."

Nice. Looks like the 30.06 sign is not enforceable.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Too bad they quit having them at Carswell. I used to watch that one from my backyard.

Not nearly as good as it used to be though, because of all the tall trees. But I enjoy having my windows rattled and nearly lost an eardrum once when they came out of that formation where they split up, kinda dive down in all directions, coasting down and then hitting the afterburner at the last minute. I didn't see the one behind me.

Years ago, my wife waved to the cargo plane pilot taking up the parachuters and he waved back.

Top Bottom