• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Anyone going. I'm probably going to miss it seeing as we have our DFW shoot on Sunday, and a BD dinner to help put on for my SIL Saturday. But that one (The Original Fort Worth Gun Show) is about the best that passes through. Most vendors at least.

Ahh, maybe I can sneak out for a couple of hours in the afternoon on Sat.
    DK Firearms

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We said yes, then no, then...lol still not sure. I like going to snoop around even if I don't buy anything.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    We said yes, then no, then...lol still not sure. I like going to snoop around even if I don't buy anything.

Of the two that cycle through the Will Rogers, "The Original Fort Worth Gun Show" as it is call is the best I think as compared with the other one "High Caliber". Sometimes there are so many vendors they've got to open a second room. But you never know on gun shows. Might just be all beef-jerkey.

If you go, google up their web site. You can print out coupons for $1.00 off entry. Last one I went to, a women had printed out a boat load of them, and passed them out to everyone in line (until she ran out)

One of the reasons I was thinking of going is there is a women that does the custom molded ear plugs, while you wait (about 1/2 hour). I think they are about $40 or so.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Of the two that cycle through the Will Rogers, "The Original Fort Worth Gun Show" as it is call is the best I think as compared with the other one "High Caliber". Sometimes there are so many vendors they've got to open a second room. But you never know on gun shows. Might just be all beef-jerkey.

If you go, google up their web site. You can print out coupons for $1.00 off entry. Last one I went to, a women had printed out a boat load of them, and passed them out to everyone in line (until she ran out)

One of the reasons I was thinking of going is there is a women that does the custom molded ear plugs, while you wait (about 1/2 hour). I think they are about $40 or so.

Hmm, that's an extra $1 for jerky!

They had the custom ear plugs at the Denton show. I was going to get a pair done but there was a small crowd so I passed.

Tim doesn't want to go but I do. Well, he can stay here, I'll go by myself!

Here's the site link for others interested: http://www.ftworthgunshow.com/showschedule.html

BTW, is this show 30.06 posted?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Must go.
    Those little monsters I keep around need more bullets.
    I'll be there when the doors open and hope to be out before noon.

Back, back, get back in your case you little nasty. I know you are hungry.LOL!!!!

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Anyone go to the Fort Worth show today? I saw plenty of ammo at crazy prices, but did not see it flying out the door. The line was somewhat normal and most came in with nothing in their hand and left with nothing. A lot less overpriced ar's walking around and back out the door.The large dealers didnt have them lined up 5 deep to buy and the dealers I talked to were in agreement that it had slowed a lot.My theory is that there has been 4 months of frenzy and some have spent their entire year plus of budget. I went to my local Wally Fri night and asked for 22. They had three bricks of Rem Hollow points behind the counter and I bought one, 17.95, left 2 for someone else.I heard a couple of ammo dealers trying to explain why they wanted 25.95 for a brick of federal bulk pack but never heard them say I am trying to gouge, or I was stupid and overpaid for it and would still like to get my money back. EAT IT! Just my obversation.
    Be Safe.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Anyone go to the Fort Worth show today? I saw plenty of ammo at crazy prices, but did not see it flying out the door. The line was somewhat normal and most came in with nothing in their hand and left with nothing. A lot less overpriced ar's walking around and back out the door.The large dealers didnt have them lined up 5 deep to buy and the dealers I talked to were in agreement that it had slowed a lot.My theory is that there has been 4 months of frenzy and some have spent their entire year plus of budget. I went to my local Wally Fri night and asked for 22. They had three bricks of Rem Hollow points behind the counter and I bought one, 17.95, left 2 for someone else.I heard a couple of ammo dealers trying to explain why they wanted 25.95 for a brick of federal bulk pack but never heard them say I am trying to gouge, or I was stupid and overpaid for it and would still like to get my money back. EAT IT! Just my obversation.
    Be Safe.

The storms blowing through today might have kept a few away, but attendance was way down last week at the Dallas Market Hall show, and it was on fair weather.

I think that a combination of the price gouging and the money already spent in this area is slowing the demand.

P.S. There was a certain $900 rifle that I have been on the look out for over two years for, and when I finally saw one for the first time at the Big Town gunshow, the vendor was asking $2,200 for it. I would not be surprised if he still has it!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I didn't go yesterday :(

Ran some other errands that ended up being productive.

Then the rain blew in pretty hard so it sealed up the day. I didn't want to drive out there.

Orclin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    I was there on Sat (12p - close). And I agree with other posters, over priced ammo, over priced AR's walking in the door and out. Hopefully AR prices will come down now that the demand (as previously mentioned) is less, so I can afford one. A few vendors I spoke with were running 30% less handgun stock due to them being on backorder. And the two Glocks I went to buy were over priced or out of stock.
    I did find a good price on 50cal ammo cans, $8.00ea. Dirty and a little rust but they'll clean up nicely to be serviceable.
    Scott

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I was there on Sat (12p - close). And I agree with other posters, over priced ammo, over priced AR's walking in the door and out. Hopefully AR prices will come down now that the demand (as previously mentioned) is less, so I can afford one. A few vendors I spoke with were running 30% less handgun stock due to them being on backorder. And the two Glocks I went to buy were over priced or out of stock.
    I did find a good price on 50cal ammo cans, $8.00ea. Dirty and a little rust but they'll clean up nicely to be serviceable.
    Scott

I usually sand ammo cans a bit, just to remove rust and rough up the surface, and paint them, but I always sand them outside as it might be lead based paint on them.

We all need to limit lead exposure as much as we reasonably can.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I made the show and man some folks thinks their ammo is gold plated.
    I brought home some bullets for reloading and that's' it.
    Even some of the gun prices were way out there.
    Anyway it was a good show but until this panic buying subsides it's just to costly to go window shopping.
    And when I window shop I usually buy what's behind the glass

Top Bottom