• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Great. Another 190 pages, at least. For those who run into the pay wall: neighbor calls cops for a welfare check because the person's front door was open. Police arrives, sees person living there, "perceives a threat" and shots and kills the occupant.
    And yes, black woman, white cop.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    IMG_20191012_132142.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_132142.jpg
      IMG_20191012_132142.jpg
      512.5 KB · Views: 742

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    James Smith, who lives across the street from the woman’s home in the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue, said around 2 a.m. he could see two doors of the home were open and all of the lights were left on. He called a non-emergency Fort Worth police number, requesting someone come to the residence to check on his neighbor. [...]

Smith said he had been up all night wrestling with his feelings, feeling “shaken” and like “it’s partly my fault.”

“If I had never dialed the police department, she’d still be alive,” Smith said.
    That's got to be a horrible feeling. I don't see him ever trusting police again.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm as pro-cop as they come...not only was this a bad shoot, the cop involved damned well should face charges for murder based on what is known right now. No matter the color - you first IDENTIFY whether the person is a threat before pulling the trigger. Obviously, there's still LOTS of details to know - but the surface of it certainly looks bad for the cop involved.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That's got to be a horrible feeling. I don't see him ever trusting police again.

Likely so. Called to have them check on his friend, they come and shoot his friend, THROUGH A WINDOW.

I've been around cops my entire life, and I hate this as much for the light it casts cops in as much as for the innocent lady who got shot.

Its possible she did something to warrant his response, but it looks really bad on the surface.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    What ever happened to just knocking on the door? I see someone lurking around my back yard unannounced, I'm not going to just sit around and wait to see what happens.

Like I said in the other thread or possibly the other, other one:, same, but I sure as shit won't be standing in a window with the lights on behind me.

Top Bottom