• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    I’ve been there almost every year for the past 30 but thought I’d better make sure CC is still ok.

Anyone?
    Lynx Defense

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    A couple of years ago, they had some random signs stood up that said how carrying at an educational institution is illegal. I looked, but was unable to find an educational institution at the grounds. So I don't see a problem.

However, if there is a rodeo, you should note that many rodeos are professional sporting events, and have contestants who are professional rodeo competitors. I believe carrying at the site of such a rodeo would be illegal. So you might want to exit the arena and stay in an exhibit hall during the sporting events (if there are any).

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    A couple of years ago, they had some random signs stood up that said how carrying at an educational institution is illegal. I looked, but was unable to find an educational institution at the grounds. So I don't see a problem.

However, if there is a rodeo, you should note that many rodeos are professional sporting events, and have contestants who are professional rodeo competitors. I believe carrying at the site of such a rodeo would be illegal. So you might want to exit the arena and stay in an exhibit hall during the sporting events (if there are any).
    My guess would be be that there's a lot of school kids representing their schools that are in ag classes or FFA. In which case, you probably are not allowed to carry.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    My guess would be be that there's a lot of school kids representing their schools that are in ag classes or FFA. In which case, you probably are not allowed to carry.

Does the definition of "educational institution" include anywhere there are school kids?

If a kid is simply representing their school at a place or event that is not sponsored by the school is it a "school sponsored event"? If it is not for exclusive use of that school's use it is a school sponsored event?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve been there almost every year for the past 30 but thought I’d better make sure CC is still ok.

Anyone?

Your answer is here:

What is the Stock Show's handgun policy?
    Any Firearms carried onto Stock Show Grounds are subject to all applicable State and Federal Laws. Texas law allows a person licensed to carry a handgun onto the City of Fort Worth-owned Stock Show grounds except for the following areas where handguns are prohibited:
    o Will Rogers Coliseum or Dickies Arena buildings when the professional rodeo events are taking place [V.T.C.A. Penal Code §46.035(b)(2)]
    o Any livestock barn or other building or portion of a building where a FFA, 4H or other high school, collegiate or interscholastic event is taking place [V.T.C.A. Penal Code §46.035(b)(2)] Please visit https://www.fwssr.com/events for a listing of daily events and locations.
    o The Bud Light Roadhouse, The Corkyard and Reata at the Backstage Club [V.T.C.A. Penal Code §46.035(b)(1)]
    The Stock Show complies with all applicable state and federal gun laws.

https://www.fwssr.com/p/plan-a-visit/frequently-asked-questions

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Does the definition of "educational institution" include anywhere there are school kids?

If a kid is simply representing their school at a place or event that is not sponsored by the school is it a "school sponsored event"? If it is not for exclusive use of that school's use it is a school sponsored event?
    Based on what toddnjoyce posted below you, basically you can't carry around the areas where schools are showing their livestock from FFA or 4h programs

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Based on what toddnjoyce posted below you, basically you can't carry around the areas where schools are showing their livestock from FFA or 4h programs
    Yeah, the Houston zoo also claims they are an educational institution. You can't trust what they claim.

IIRC FFA/4H entrants compete as themselves, for themselves, and there is no competition between schools. It does not sound like an interscholastic event.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    They used to post 30.06 signs until the law changed about government owned facilities. Now, as mentioned, it just follows state law. No carry at professional sporting events (the rodeo), no carry at school events, and no carry at the 51% places. The rest of the show is fine.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    The major stock shows I suppose are the only school events where you can buy and drink a beer while watching the event or viewing the projects....

Top Bottom