• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Have a problem when I use the search feature. I type in the search word, it gives me the results but logs me out at the same time. When I log back in, it takes me to new posts instead of the list of threads resulting from the search. Did a search again to get to the thread I wanted, but got logged out again. Same story when I logged in. Ended up just hitting "Reply With Quote" on the last posting, which made me log in again but kept me in that thread.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Everytime I open TGT, I am always having to log in. I do not log out, I just navigate away from the site. But when I go back, I have to log in again. Its really annoying. I do check the "remember me" box but it does not matter.

Any ideas?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Forum Bugs & Errors

Everytime I open TGT, I am always having to log in. I do not log out, I just navigate away from the site. But when I go back, I have to log in again. Its really annoying. I do check the "remember me" box but it does not matter.

Any ideas?

That would be annoying. What browser are you using?

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas

Any ideas?

That's what happens when you get to superstar status...

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I have no options when I post.

TX.png

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Any ideas?

That's cookie controls in your browser, add TGT to your safe browsing list and go over your cookie security settings. What's happening is everytime you close your browser, open a new window, etc. it's dropping the cookie as a security mechanism.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    New post button will show 3 pages of threads, then i will read a thread and hit new post again. When i hit the button only 3 to 10 threads pop up.

Again, cookie related, I'm going to switch the forum over to database read caching and that should fix most of this for everyone. I didn't want to tax the database more than I had to when I was getting the server back up.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I still get blank white pages when I try to open a thread sometimes.

Make sure you've reset all of your connection stopping points. Modems, switches, hubs, etc. all can have their own DNS tables and firewalls ... you'll have to manually reset them by turning them off / unplugging them for 30 seconds to a minute. This should fix the issue and propagate the correct DNS.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    That's cookie controls in your browser, add TGT to your safe browsing list and go over your cookie security settings. What's happening is everytime you close your browser, open a new window, etc. it's dropping the cookie as a security mechanism.

Thanks A. I cleared the history as suggested and that seemed to work. If it gives me anymore problems, I will def do this too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's no big deal. But when Iam logged out, I can see everybody's signature. When Iam logged in. The sigs go away. Including my own.

Top Bottom