• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    On other forums where I post, member details are only visible after login. On this forum, member details are visible to anyone. Member information even appears on search engines.

Are there any plans to improve privacy for membership here? Perhaps not all members care to publicly reveal their participation on a gun board.
    Texas SOT

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    There are numerous ways a user can mitigate what info is placed publicly on the forum as well as masking their identity. I really do not see the problem as it's completely in your own hands as to what info is put forth.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    On other forums where I post, member details are only visible after login. On this forum, member details are visible to anyone. Member information even appears on search engines.

Are there any plans to improve privacy for membership here? Perhaps not all members care to publicly reveal their participation on a gun board.
    If the general forums are open to search engines, the user's nick will be caught in the spidering of information.

Closing off the profile area really won't stop anything from getting out, as most of us talk about ourselves / where we live, etc in the general forums.

In my experience, it's either close the forum to all search engines, or don't even worry with it.

If you want "privacy", the most extreme option is just not to join any forums. The next option is not to give any information you don't want seen on a search engine.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You guy's should google your member names. You be surprise what you fine.:mad:

Google mine and you find references to a demon that preys on travellers in Japanese mythology.

It is also the name of the dog in my avatar{Hoji, best dog ever, 1999-2008}

Top Bottom