• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • witdog2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Indiana
    First of all, I ain’t trying to change any rules.

I see something I would like to possibly purchase. I have zero way of contacting the other member. The other members item has been listed for a few weeks. He wants to sell I want to buy. What’s the problem with a private msg? I can’t comment or post on a classified ad. So why you suppose this is a problem? I meet a lot of great people through these boards.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    On another forum, the mods put in a FIGHT CLUB. When a thread turns into a shit storm, it is moved to the fight club section, and requires a password to enter. This does a nice job of cleaning up the other forums.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    On another forum, the mods put in a FIGHT CLUB. When a thread turns into a shit storm, it is moved to the fight club section, and requires a password to enter. This does a nice job of cleaning up the other forums.
    If they did that here, we'd run out of regular threads to read.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Personally, I think a 25 post count to use the classifieds is cheap by any standards. Even paying $10 to bypass the 25 post minimum is cheap to post in the classifieds.

What these noobs to the forum fail to realize is that the longer existing members, are going to be a little leery at first of a new member, with a low post count that is trying to sell stuff. Especially after all the scams with guns that have really picked up after all the crap from last year with guns and ammo. Seems like there was a huge increase in gun scams going on.

witdog2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Indiana
    Personally, I think a 25 post count to use the classifieds is cheap by any standards. Even paying $10 to bypass the 25 post minimum is cheap to post in the classifieds.

What these noobs to the forum fail to realize is that the longer existing members, are going to be a little leery at first of a new member, with a low post count that is trying to sell stuff. Especially after all the scams with guns that have really picked up after all the crap from last year with guns and ammo. Seems like there was a huge increase in gun scams going on.

I believe they should be Leary. I myself have been taken outside of these forums a couple times. I’m a little hard pressed to list something for sale when I’m the greenhorn. I was looking just to buy. I have a couple guns on a couple other forums for sale that someone here may like here but I’m not going to list them. To add fuel to the fire, I’m not from TX. I have family is Texas and across the River in OK. That’s how I got on the site. I wanted a Remington 1100 and one was listed on the site and family told me about it. By the time I got on here and set it all up it was gone. It’s all good, still enjoy the sites.
    Some guns are geographically priced. For instance you couldn’t buy high powered rifles in Indiana for the longest time because they weren’t legal to hunt with. Everyone loves the Remington 1100 in Indiana so the prices are high. In TX and OK the prices are lower because the choice for birds is an O/U. So these sites can help out in multiple ways. And a lot of good people here.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I believe they should be Leary. I myself have been taken outside of these forums a couple times. I’m a little hard pressed to list something for sale when I’m the greenhorn. I was looking just to buy. I have a couple guns on a couple other forums for sale that someone here may like here but I’m not going to list them. To add fuel to the fire, I’m not from TX. I have family is Texas and across the River in OK. That’s how I got on the site. I wanted a Remington 1100 and one was listed on the site and family told me about it. By the time I got on here and set it all up it was gone. It’s all good, still enjoy the sites.
    Some guns are geographically priced. For instance you couldn’t buy high powered rifles in Indiana for the longest time because they weren’t legal to hunt with. Everyone loves the Remington 1100 in Indiana so the prices are high. In TX and OK the prices are lower because the choice for birds is an O/U. So these sites can help out in multiple ways. And a lot of good people here.

Posts allow you to sort of get a feel for a person, and get to know them a little bit. Someone new on a forum, with a low post count, it's hard to get a "read" on that person and decide if you want to take a chance of doing business with them.

And sad to say, even TGT has had it's rash of scammers here, but the Mods have been great at getting them headed out the door. One was allowed to go for a bit, even though the Mods and the members knew he was scammer and cheated a member of some money because they were coordinating with the authorities to get him caught, and arrested. Apparently IIRC, he was running a scam on several other gun forums as well.

Top Bottom