Forum Updates - Please Read

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
First off, I am going to be removing the classifieds section of the forum. The primary reason is a partnership with David at Texasguntrader.com. I feel that by combining our traffic we can provide an easier, faster, and more profitable classifieds transaction for our members. TGT alone does about 21K visitors a month, and TGTrader does nearly 50K. TGTrader also has a better setup for hosting pictures and just classifieds as a whole. The secondary reason for this is an uncontrollable liability over possible straw purchases, becoming an accessory in a civil action, and a number of, albeit unlikely, events. The date for this action is Feb. 1st

Secondly, I am scheduling a large event to celebrate our 1st Anniversary to be held late March with Shiloh Indoor Range. As more things in the line-up become solid I will make a post about it in the events section.

Third(ly), I will be updating the forum software soon to a new release of vBulletin. I will be posting about it's new features as soon as it is updated .

Fourth(ly), I will be migrating over to a faster server. We've outgrown our current box under peak load and will be "moving on up" to our new home in the next few days pending trials.

Fifth(ly), I have laid out a few forum goals to be made this year. The 1st goal is a response to the last comments thread I made where the vast majority of respondants wanted events.

Goal 1 - Events - I want a TGT event held in every major city / metro area in every quarter of 2009. This is a total of 16 events, or more.

Goal 2 - Content - We will be working on expanding our articles section.

Goal 3 - Members - 5000 members by the end of the year.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Some of you may be utilizing the new server already. I have already moved the forum over to the new box, and left the old box running as well so that it is seamless. So far it's working out, but there may be some periods of bad connections for some of you guys over the next few days. Fret not, it's just part of the switch.

I'm holding off the forum software upgrade until a secondary application is released with a functionality update.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
Alan,

While I fully understand your reasoning behind shutting down the classified section, I have to say that I am sincerely, and severely, bummed about it. With the upstanding member base you have here, I considered your classified section to be several notches above that of TexasGunTrader. I mean, how many ads do you have here where some idiot is trying to sell a $200 rifle for $1,000 under the ridiculous premise that a .17HMR is armor-piercing and about to be banned?

I am surprised that nobody else has chimed in yet, but I suspect that many of the members have yet to read this announcement. I am embarrassed to say that I just noticed it.

Respectfully,

Pete

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
The secondary reason for this is an uncontrollable liability over possible straw purchases, becoming an accessory in a civil action, and a number of, albeit unlikely, events.
How does TexasGunTrader avoid this potential liability?

Vellcrow

Aug 8, 2008
Pflugerville
I am sad to see the classifieds go as well. All of my experiences here were way better than on TGTrader.

I think getting rid of the classifieds is a mistake.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
As far as the classifieds go, we're sorry for any inconvenience it may be.

Top Bottom