• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Banjoman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Azle
    Thats too bad about your classifieds. Its nice to be able to discuss items for sale or wanted. Cant do that on Trader !
    Gun Zone Deals

x45gap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Unfortunate for the TGT Classifieds'... TGT Will lose a lot of traffic. Classifieds' are one major draw for the number of hits on any Web Site. Seen many Sites go by the way side because of a non-existent Classifieds' or too strict on rules... Most members can't help but be involved with discussion forums while waiting for Classifieds' PM replies... less hits means less sponsors, unfortunately.

I've followed TGT awhile before joining. The reason is the great CLASSIFIEDS' forum. I'm on 2 other great Forums since 2005, and all have very robust Classifieds'.

Hopefully, TGT will survive... because it's one of the better new forums around - fresh clean look.

X

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Unfortunate for the TGT Classifieds'... TGT Will lose a lot of traffic. Classifieds' are one major draw for the number of hits on any Web Site. Seen many Sites go by the way side because of a non-existent Classifieds' or too strict on rules... Most members can't help but be involved with discussion forums while waiting for Classifieds' PM replies... less hits means less sponsors, unfortunately.

I've followed TGT awhile before joining. The reason is the great CLASSIFIEDS' forum. I'm on 2 other great Forums since 2005, and all have very robust Classifieds'.

Hopefully, TGT will survive... because it's one of the better new forums around - fresh clean look.

X

I think you're right. But a lot or most of the the traffic that will be lost, would have and was lost once the new member post whored enough to be able to use the classifieds then faded into the non-contributor sunset. A forum can't survive on leaches and drive-by's that don't actually stick around and contribute in some way. ;)

Classifieds are gone. Would you guys just let it go....

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    I for one am new here on this forum. What brought me here was the chance to find firearms and other buys from somewhat local people. I never sell, only buy. I will miss the classifieds but will continue to "hang around" with the fine shooters and people on this forum. Thanks for a great site!
    Brad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    An' now we know WHY TGT cut the deal with Gun Talk - they have now started charging to sell OR buy a gun. Without the classifieds here, it's one less competitor. I'm NOT blaming the powers that be of THIS board, but in retrospect, it's easy to see why they encouraged the removal of our classified section here.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    An' now we know WHY TGT cut the deal with Gun Talk - they have now started charging to sell OR buy a gun. Without the classifieds here, it's one less competitor. I'm NOT blaming the powers that be of THIS board, but in retrospect, it's easy to see why they encouraged the removal of our classified section here.

and Texas Gun Talk gets a faster server....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Don't git me wrong - I ain't sayin' the folks here were complicite in this - but I can easily see where they were sold on the idea that it'd reduce their liability exposure, etc.....WITHOUT tellin' 'em that they planned to start chargin' for listings.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Don't git me wrong - I ain't sayin' the folks here were complicite in this - but I can easily see where they were sold on the idea that it'd reduce their liability exposure, etc.....WITHOUT tellin' 'em that they planned to start chargin' for listings.

This website's classifieds were closed due to a member selling guns illegally. So rather than me being sued over it, or possibly held liable to some degree (I think we can all agree the ATF makes it's own rules), I chose to put an end to it. I sought out David at TGTrader as a means of giving our members a local alternative.

I'd appreciate some degree of professionalism when I provide this site to you free of cost, out of my own pocket.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I chose to put an end to it. I sought out David at TGTrader as a means of giving our members a local alternative.

I'd appreciate some degree of professionalism when I provide this site to you free of cost, out of my own pocket.

Alan -

I apologize if you misunderstood my comments - I did NOT mean to imply that you were aware of their plans!! I _do_, however, think that they made a marketing decision based upon you going out of the market as it were. If you took my comments any other way please be assured that is NOT what I meant!

From a business standpoint, I can't blame 'em - you were competition for 'em. Had you maintained the free classifieds, they would've had to find other revenue streams (ads, etc.). With this site no longer available for a sales venue, the ability to sell within Texas is significantly more limited now.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Alan -
    With this site no longer available for a sales venue, the ability to sell within Texas is significantly more limited now.

I don't think $5 is making it more limited. Honestly, people are content burning $5 in gas driving to and from a gun show with a $5 entry fee to sell a gun.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't think $5 is making it more limited. Honestly, people are content burning $5 in gas driving to and from a gun show with a $5 entry fee to sell a gun.

Yes, sir - but that $5 gives me access to thousands of guns. With each ad costing $5, folks are likely going to be less inclined to list things as readily. I collect Randall's, and was going to put a "WTB" listing up. Why on earth do I want to PAY someplace to buy something when I can "shop" Auction Arms, etc. for free?

And yes - when I'm at the gun shows, I look for Randall's (among a lot of other things), but I really don't expect to see 'em. Put it this way - I've bought EVERY Randall I've ever seen at a gun show - and all 3 of 'em are in my safe right now.

Then again, I just snagged one off of GB after several months of negotiations with the seller....;)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yes, sir - but that $5 gives me access to thousands of guns. With each ad costing $5, folks are likely going to be less inclined to list things as readily. I collect Randall's, and was going to put a "WTB" listing up. Why on earth do I want to PAY someplace to buy something when I can "shop" Auction Arms, etc. for free?

And yes - when I'm at the gun shows, I look for Randall's (among a lot of other things), but I really don't expect to see 'em. Put it this way - I've bought EVERY Randall I've ever seen at a gun show - and all 3 of 'em are in my safe right now.

Then again, I just snagged one off of GB after several months of negotiations with the seller....;)

A WTB: is not really worth the $5, point taken.

Why not ask the Admin to offer a WTB option?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It's unfortunate we had to close the classifieds down, yes. It is what it is so lets just move on. This site has plenty to offer without the classifieds. Heck if there is something we don't offer but you want, let us know and we'll see what we can do (except the classifieds of course ;)). It may be a bit less convenient and not quite as appealing to some without the classifieds, but have some faith. Just because one thing hasn't quite worked out to everyone's preference does not mean it's the end of the forum. I can promise you this forum is going to be expanding greatly over the course of this year, and we will be generating quite a bit more content, and more unique content (hopefully with some good Texan flavor to spice it up!). Please don't get bent out of shape or disheartened by the "speedbumps" along the way. I'll say this much, it is a fine line to say the least, between maintaining and expanding a forum and keeping it from either descending into anarchy, dying off in traffic, and/or turning into an E-thug postwhore-dom advertising trashbin with no substance. ;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom