• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    First off, I am going to be removing the classifieds section of the forum. The primary reason is a partnership with David at Texasguntrader.com. I feel that by combining our traffic we can provide an easier, faster, and more profitable classifieds transaction for our members. TGT alone does about 21K visitors a month, and TGTrader does nearly 50K. TGTrader also has a better setup for hosting pictures and just classifieds as a whole. The secondary reason for this is an uncontrollable liability over possible straw purchases, becoming an accessory in a civil action, and a number of, albeit unlikely, events. The date for this action is Feb. 1st

Secondly, I am scheduling a large event to celebrate our 1st Anniversary to be held late March with Shiloh Indoor Range. As more things in the line-up become solid I will make a post about it in the events section.

Third(ly), I will be updating the forum software soon to a new release of vBulletin. I will be posting about it's new features as soon as it is updated .

Fourth(ly), I will be migrating over to a faster server. We've outgrown our current box under peak load and will be "moving on up" to our new home in the next few days pending trials.

Fifth(ly), I have laid out a few forum goals to be made this year. The 1st goal is a response to the last comments thread I made where the vast majority of respondants wanted events.

Goal 1 - Events - I want a TGT event held in every major city / metro area in every quarter of 2009. This is a total of 16 events, or more.

Goal 2 - Content - We will be working on expanding our articles section.

Goal 3 - Members - 5000 members by the end of the year.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Some of you may be utilizing the new server already. I have already moved the forum over to the new box, and left the old box running as well so that it is seamless. So far it's working out, but there may be some periods of bad connections for some of you guys over the next few days. Fret not, it's just part of the switch.

I'm holding off the forum software upgrade until a secondary application is released with a functionality update.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Alan,

While I fully understand your reasoning behind shutting down the classified section, I have to say that I am sincerely, and severely, bummed about it. With the upstanding member base you have here, I considered your classified section to be several notches above that of TexasGunTrader. I mean, how many ads do you have here where some idiot is trying to sell a $200 rifle for $1,000 under the ridiculous premise that a .17HMR is armor-piercing and about to be banned?

I am surprised that nobody else has chimed in yet, but I suspect that many of the members have yet to read this announcement. I am embarrassed to say that I just noticed it.

Respectfully,

Pete

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I am sad to see the classifieds go as well. All of my experiences here were way better than on TGTrader.

I think getting rid of the classifieds is a mistake.

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    Man, I'm sure sad about yall doing away with the classifieds. Would you consider leaving them on and just take the chance of getting sued by some idiot and his unscrupulous mouthpiece. I'm sure there's a long line of lawyers right outside your door just waiting to help. You don't think those lawyers would go either way? Do Ya'?..............I'm just messing with you like those other guys are. We ALL know and understand that buisness decisions need to be made and since yall know the mechanics of this one, I'm sure everyone will understand. Keep up the good work.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I would say that as long as the new "classified section" remains accessable to the members here, there is little to get terribly upset over. Changes happen for many reasons. There is a lot to running a forum that is not seen by the members surfing the threads.

The vast majority of posting on this site is in areas other than the classified section.

Good luck with the changes Alan.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I agree with Alan's decision since there is a big liability with someone posting sales of illegal items. If anyone has had positive dealings with someone on this site, look 'em up on other classifieds.

photofreeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    I am a big fan of TGTrader. My only hope is that they will add a "Weapons Related" section for the holsters and ammo and such you find here. Sometimes its a drag to look everywhere at every ad. Sold my sig gun pictured above on TGTrader, Smooth and easy.
    Also what's to become of the TGTrader Forums? Is he going to drop them for you? I have noticed they still have not returned since before their big crash.
    Texas Gun Talk/Trader will be a great partnership.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I suppose a non firearm section could be retained here if TGTrader is not willing to have such a category. It would make sense and not be in competition with TGTrader.

Is that so Alan?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Fourth(ly), I will be migrating over to a faster server. We've outgrown our current box under peak load and will be "moving on up" to our new home in the next few days pending trials.

You might want to take a look at GeoVario for hosting. They're very pro-gun (hosting Calguns.net and the real THR) and might give you a deal if you tell them I sent you. :D

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom