• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    Granted I do not shoot cowboy action shooting my father and I love upland bird hunting particularly grouse and woodcock.
    We have owned all types of actions and brands some we used only in places where they would not be abused and scratched to hell. When Stoger introduced there over under shotguns and side by side shotguns we wanted to try them out and hope they are reliable hard abuse shotguns.
    After several seasons in all kinds of weather particularly damp near freezing, these shotguns held up very well from waterfowl to upland. Beretta Benellie is involved with the ownership of Stoger which says alot to me for quality. Choke tube compatability and selection is great from the aftermarket also. Shot 5 stand trap and sporting clays with my Stoger often and had zero issues,I also generally shot high brass loads as recoil is not a issue for me at all. Hunting Pheasant or Grouse we would use 3 inch Kent upland loads that hit birds hard particularly fat late season Pheasant. The patterns we printed even with factory choke proved satisfactory and definitely improved with higher end aftermarket chokes.

safestuffer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2023
    Washington state
    The want/need ratio is very high with these coach guns. I want one in the worst of ways but can't think of a single solitary reason to own one other than I want one. When one comes along at a buy-me-now price I'll definitely give it a good home.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I've been keeping an eye out for a 12 guage, hammered coach gun in or around Spring, Magnolia or Conroe.
    Got no use for one with out hammers, that's an accident looking to happen.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    The want/need ratio is very high with these coach guns. I want one in the worst of ways but can't think of a single solitary reason to own one other than I want one. When one comes along at a buy-me-now price I'll definitely give it a good home.
    They make great truck guns and you can actually hunt with some of them that have modified and improved chokes. Like dove hunting. The great thing about them is that you can run any kind of shells that you want and they will "cycle" them lol because you are the action so to speak.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    That's exactly how I explained it to the wife.
    Well done. I am no longer married (was for 32 years...) but she got tired of it and decided to go do her own thing... so I didn't have to convince or even let her know lol lol. I did ask my girl Luna (black lab mix) but she just looked at me lovingly so I took that as approval. ha ha ha

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I have a Mossburg 12 gauge sawed off to 18 1/8 in and 33 in overall.
    I want a coach gun for over my front door.
    Later on I want a 12 gauge slug gun.
    IF I want, I get, I don't have to ask Ma Ma.

Where is the best place around Magnolia to get an AR-15 with a good price.

What FF around here don't charge an arm and a leg.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I have a Mossburg 12 gauge sawed off to 18 1/8 in and 33 in overall.
    I want a coach gun for over my front door.
    Later on I want a 12 gauge slug gun.
    IF I want, I get, I don't have to ask Ma Ma.

Where is the best place around Magnolia to get an AR-15 with a good price.

What FF around here don't charge an arm and a leg.
    Depending on what you are looking for in an AR, there are zillions of options of course. If you want a good quality, accurate AR with a good reputation at a good price, my go-to is Palmetto State Arms. Now if you ask a gun shop their opinion of PSA AR's they'll likely have some kind of dis on them - you order them directly from PSA and the dealer only gets the transfer fee, so they'd rather steer you to something else that they do make more money on. I recommend buying the complete lower from PSA (of your choice -they have a shit ton of choices) and then get a full upper and have that shipped directly to you - along with your mags (they have mags for very low prices too). Their AR's have either nitride treatment (just like Ruger uses for example) or stainless steel. You can catch them on sale and get the total gun (in two parts) for $450 plus the transfer fee. A complete AR will run a bit more usually. They have a "find a ffl" app on their site to help you locate one - I recommend speaking to the shop before finalizing the order. That's my 2 cents on that.

Top Bottom