• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'll admit, I don't know very much about knives, but unless that thing slit Bin Laden's throat and still has his blood on it, I don't see how it's possible to get 1/10th that amount.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm sure there's been a rush on them for Christmas stocking stuffers! Are there people who would actually buy a knife like that?

Flash

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    This is my BBQ knife (the one on the left, blood stained, serrations just about sharpened off, sheath worn almost out), it started its life on my hip in 1967-Vietnam, saw duty in Korea, Germany and a lot of other places in the world. Its cut, opened, pried, gutted, hammered, sawed, sliced and diced a lot of stuff. No its not some fancy $3000 hand made by a virgin, sheath made from the scrotum sacks of Siberian Tigers, scales out of dinosaur tusks and blade from UnObtainium. No, my knife works, still working, Puma White Hunter...now where is the BBQ?

View attachment 25001
    ATTACH]

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    This is my BBQ knife (the one on the left, blood stained, serrations just about sharpened off, sheath worn almost out), it started its life on my hip in 1967-Vietnam, saw duty in Korea, Germany and a lot of other places in the world. Its cut, opened, pried, gutted, hammered, sawed, sliced and diced a lot of stuff. No its not some fancy $3000 hand made by a virgin, sheath made from the scrotum sacks of Siberian Tigers, scales out of dinosaur tusks and blade from UnObtainium. No, my knife works, still working, Puma White Hunter...now where is the BBQ?

View attachment 25001

Well said indeed.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Cowboy,

That was a good knife even before it saw duty in all of those places. That is the kind of knife I always searched for in my knife collecting. It has personality and character. I believe that it retains the memory and images of the many places that it visited.

I hope that you value it highly.................. because I sure do!

Flash

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Cowboy,

That was a good knife even before it saw duty in all of those places. That is the kind of knife I always searched for in my knife collecting. It has personality and character. I believe that it retains the memory and images of the many places that it visited.

I hope that you value it highly.................. because I sure do!

Flash
    I certainly do. Having used this knife in all kinds of situations I feel its one of the best knife designs ever. And folks can say what they want about the stag scales, but for a knife that was made in '66 and has see hard use they are not lose, show wear for sure, but still a good grip in a blood soaked hand. I finally retired it and you can see what I bought, another Puma White Hunter.

Not sure what I will do with it, looking around for a a museum to take a few items like my dads and my Colt 1911 that was issued to him in 1934 and saw duty in WWII Pacific, Korea and Vietnam and I carried it in my Army career. Got no kids or family to leave them to so gonna donate if I can find a war museum or something...

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    Have I ever mentioned I am considering opening up a war museum? ;)

That being said, a good friend of my father's was in the Navy in WWII and had this huge box of pictures taken in the Pacific theater. I have a few of them that he let me take, one of them shows the Japanese surrender aboard a ship. I understand there were a few ceremonial surrenders, but I dont know which one it is. I think I'll pass it down, but I always have felt it belonged where people could see it as well.

Top Bottom