• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3AXBAT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    At the Powderhorn in San Antonio, I saw cases of handgun ammo, I think it's all FMJ. I counted over 50 cases of 9mm, and similar piles of 40, and slightly less of 45. I think there was some 223 in there, and I also saw some of those green comblok spam cans, might be 7.62x54R or 7.62x39. I didn't see any 380, which is what I was after.

I have no connection to the shop, and if you have any questions, Google up the phone number and give them a call.
    Guns International

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Run don't walk to that location, lol. I found two boxes of 38 Special at Walmart and thought I struck gold, not much ammo to be found locally.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've noticed the Acaemy's in SE Houston/Pasadena area, seem to be socked with handgun ammo (don't recall any .380 though) the last two times I've been there in the last 2 weeks.

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    My local great walmart of China got in 2 cases of 223 and one of .45 acp. I got there 4 hours after they put them out and the 45 was gone and there were 11 boxes of 223. There were 5 when I left.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    At the Wal Marts near me, if you shoot a 32ACP or 7Mag, you always have ammo in stock. Everything else is VERY hit and miss...mostly miss.

I did find 40SW Blazer Brass at the I-10 Uvalde Wal Mart last week...bought all 4 boxes. Never know when you'll see it again! LOL

- brickboy240

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Anyone in Mckinney Tx. north of Dallas Academy had a grand opening today and the shelves were stocked to the top! I bought 500 rounds of 45 acp and they still had cases left! Tons of 9mm and everything.

Texastri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Bastrop, Texas USA
    The Academy in Austin at 183 & I35 has had pistol ammo the last few times I was in. I have picked up 45 and 380 each time, but also saw plenty of 9MM and other.

Was in the gun store in Bastrop today, the one on 95 near the intersection of 71 and he seems to have plenty of rifle and pistol ammo. No 380 that I could see, but I did not ask either.

Gentoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    I haven't really had much trouble finding ammo in stock.

The prices asked however, are a different issue... ;)

Top Bottom