• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Dropped by A Texas Girl's Guns today up in Liberty Hill and mangaged to snag up 700 milspec primers. They were certainly on the pricey side (5.99 per 100) but I figure the gas it takes to go all the way to Cabelas makes up for it, unless you are buying several bricks (and even then I've never seen 41s at Cabelas and not interested in chancing slam fires on non-milspec). They should have another 5+ packs there if anybody is hard up enough to pay those prices. Their powder selection is byfar the best I've seen as well, TONS of different powder choices but also inflated prices to go along with it ($30-$35 a lbs). Also ordered a bunch of stuff from midway and brownells to complete all the gear I need for finally reloading 223/556. Can't wait for the new learning curve on rifle loads (only reloaded 9mm so far).
    Guns International

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I think they just have a problem with location affecting their sales causing higher overhead per sale. Still really nice folks in there though, especially when I couldn't read the sign and showed up an hour before opening, called them and found out I had to wait an hour (went and knocked out a job down the road and came back). 2 more cents a bullet isn't going to kill me, still way cheaper than factory stuff and I can actually tailor loads to my rifle and hopefully see some sub-moa groups.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Thats a nice store from what ive gathered from the few times ive been there but it is pricey.

definitely a little pricey, but they are the kind of people that I don't mind spending a little extra to keep in business! They also have a very impressive selection for such a small shop that's in the boondocks (right up the road for us leander folk though)

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Learn me on these military primers. Please.

Why would I want them?
    What is the difference from commercial small rifle primers?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    FYI, I've never had a "slam-fire" on any of reloads (5.56 or 7.62) using a variety of primers. I normally use Remington bench rest primers on the 5.56, and CCI on the 7.62.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Dropped by A Texas Girl's Guns today up in Liberty Hill and mangaged to snag up 700 milspec primers. They were certainly on the pricey side (5.99 per 100) but I figure the gas it takes to go all the way to Cabelas makes up for it, unless you are buying several bricks (and even then I've never seen 41s at Cabelas and not interested in chancing slam fires on non-milspec). They should have another 5+ packs there if anybody is hard up enough to pay those prices. Their powder selection is byfar the best I've seen as well, TONS of different powder choices but also inflated prices to go along with it ($30-$35 a lbs). Also ordered a bunch of stuff from midway and brownells to complete all the gear I need for finally reloading 223/556. Can't wait for the new learning curve on rifle loads (only reloaded 9mm so far).

Youch. Looks like I've got some competition from an old customer at 20-35% more !

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I wouldn't sweat it too much. Your powder prices smoke the living crap out of theirs. Thanks again for the H335 can't wait to give it a shot (har har har).

awesome and we do have CCI41's in stock. They're just "reserved" items for local gun shows and local customers otherwise the folks from CA and NY and IL buy everything. As usual, place and order and we'll prioritize y'all local folks ! We don't discriminate against orders it's just the orders tend to be large and partial ships just don't work with the hazmat fees. Partial deliveries to local customers tends to work just time.

Good to know the H335 made y'all happy and keep us in mind next time. I PROMISE not to get absent minded and forget to check my phone at 11am... that is until the next time I do something dumb.

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I used to load exclusively with CCI 41. When they dried up, switched to Winchester Small Rifle Primers I had in the store room.

Not a problem whatsoever in the AR and Mini.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I used to load exclusively with CCI 41. When they dried up, switched to Winchester Small Rifle Primers I had in the store room.

Not a problem whatsoever in the AR and Mini.

Awesome advise. I always suspected CCI 41's and 34's were a a bit of an expensive habit. The CCI 34's are a must have for the M1 Garand crowd, Win primers, in general, have the reputation for being a bit harder than CCI's.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ive loaded about 4k worth of winchester sr primers between my 300 blackouts and 223s. Never an issue with slam fires. I believe theyre a bit softer than most as their cup is one of the thinnest made in the small rifle line.

Top Bottom