• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    It's a little different here in Lubbock, at least in the Engineering area. Those who don't shoot don't even know what's going on, but the majority of us do and are all for it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Friendswood, TX
    I was interviewed on Fox 26 at 5:00 pm yesterday and the lead in to the interview included comments from several Univ. Houston students. The mix of comments was pretty even, but I didn't see the morning broadcast the OP referenced. My counterpart was a U/H student government representative. The interview is on the link in SC-Texas' post.

Chas.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Student opinions about the right to carry?
    Well lets see how this affects people who dont agree. First, they simply dont have to carry!
    Restricting a person 2nd amendment right based upon the opinions of others is exactly why we have the issues we are currently facing. People have a choice when it comes to their safety and self defense. Nobody will every make them carry a gun as it shouldnt be required. A persons should have the right to make their own decissions.
    Campus carry or any kind of carry should not be influenced by liberal opinion.
    Canada has plenty of liberal's who will accept those opinions.
    Constitutional Rights should never be denied based upon opinions.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The video you posted seemed very fair to me. They even gave the pro-carry guy the last word. I'm actually surprised to see so many students with positive or at least receptive attitudes toward the concept.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    that is apparently not the one that aired locally in the morning in Houston on Fox 26 where every studaent was agaisnt Concelaed carry and the talking head stated that EVERY student that he talked to opposed it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    My opinion on the matter is that if the colleges don't want to play the State's game, they don't have to take the State's money. The legislation should have said that colleges which don't accept State money can ban guns. This way the whiny Administrators have no room to talk since they made the choice to take the money (as I guarantee they will). It will also keep truly private institutions from losing their property rights, which I do sympathize with.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    London got it right. But, private colleges are exempt from the bill that is now before the legislature, so I will still work in an unarmed victim zone even if campus carry passes.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I was just wondering which bill looks like the one that will pass. The HB or SB? I understand that only the HB will insure that I will get to carry on Baylor campus. SB will make Baylor throw up 30.06.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Friendswood, TX
    I know you're right because they didn't call me to do the interview until around 2:00pm. We did the interview live at their studio for the 5:00 pm news. I had done a radio interview at 9:00 am for KRLD in Dallas and that was a last minute request also. I asked why campus-carry became a hot topic and the KRLD reporter said a wire service had done a story about HB750 having 80 co-authors so everyone was picking up the issue for stories.

Chas.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Friendswood, TX
    I was just wondering which bill looks like the one that will pass. The HB or SB? I understand that only the HB will insure that I will get to carry on Baylor campus. SB will make Baylor throw up 30.06.

The first one to pass will be the most likely candidate for final passage. Quite often it's the Senate version since the Senate usually gets to work on hearings earlier than the House. (The House is much larger and has to set up committees for 150 Members.) Whichever one passes first will be picked up in the other body and amendments are usually made and this requires it to go back to the first body that passed the bill. If that body concurs on the changes, then the bill is passed. If they do not concur, then a conference committee is established with Senators and Representatives to work on compromise language. The report (bill) that comes out of this process goes to each body for a Yea or Nay vote.

Chas.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Funny, I'm a student at UH, and they never interview me ....

Anyway, this is how well their gun prohibition is working out for them:

UH Student Abducted, Robbed at Gunpoint

I liked this part: "He pulled out what appeared to be a semi-automatic pistol..."
    I LOLed! ;)

Freakin' press. Seriously! Why couldn't they just write "pistol" or "firearm"?
    Because including the word "automatic" makes it sound scarier to people who are unfamiliar with firearms (IE: The population at large).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom