• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Why stay home? That will help nothing.

I'm tired of picking the lesser of two evils...holding my nose and voting for weak candidates....to me Christie is Democrat Lite...it's not the two party system that is failing us..it's the primary system. NH & IA are the historical start. Winning your party nomination there gives you great momentum... but they don't necessarily represent my beliefs. If the primary voting rotated by geo location I bet the parties would really see how the country feels about certain candidates.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Christie isn't a compromise, he's an unconditional surrender. If it comes down to choosing between Clinton and Christie, then I vote third-party. It may be an Alamo move....but everyone remembers the Alamo...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That's about the way I feel too.

Same here. I held my nose and voted for McCain, and I actually didn't think Romney was all that bad. But I can't do it for Christie. He's stabbed the base in the back too many times.

What I don't get is that he's got much of the same tenacity as Cruz - maybe more so, in fact - and he isn't even really that far off on most issues, especially when you discount for the ingrained northeast liberalism. But for whatever reason he's damned and determined to do it without the help of guys like me, so I have no choice but to oblige him.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I'm tired of picking the lesser of two evils...holding my nose and voting for weak candidates....to me Christie is Democrat Lite...it's not the two party system that is failing us..it's the primary system. NH & IA are the historical start. Winning your party nomination there gives you great momentum... but they don't necessarily represent my beliefs. If the primary voting rotated by geo location I bet the parties would really see how the country feels about certain candidates.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Very true. The GOP's primary system desperately needs to be revamped. Too many debates where we end up arguing over pointless nuanced minutiae, way too much emphasis on early pissant states like Iowa and New Hampshire. By the time it rolls around to Texas, the winner is almost always already determined. I know this has been a big point of discussion within the party but I don't know what's being planned or done.

But again, bottom line, the GOP needs to seriously think about forgetting the presidency for a while. There is no transcendent figure that I can see who can unite all the factions. There are going to be tremendous opportunities in 2014 and 2016 to take back the Senate and clean up the House as Obamacare continues to crash and burn. Do that first, and at least we might neutralize the damage that Hillary is chomping at the bit to unleash.

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    Those that don't, or worse, won't vote are part of the problem. Three million republicans didn't vote in the last presidential election for a variety of reasons that were just stupid. They got what they deserved but those of us that voted don't deserve it.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Christie has no business being at the top of this poll. McCain: had some virtues, paid a huge sacrifice for country. I didnt vote for him in the primaries but at least he did something in life. Romney: again, didnt vote for him in primary but he was a rich businessman at least.

What has Christie done?

Christie was a US Attorney, appointed by Bush. I don't really know what he did in that position, maybe prosecuted some mob guys like Guiliani did? I don't know. I'm not even sure of the path he took from US Attorney to governor. I know he ran against Corzine, who was such a slime even by NJ standards that they wouldn't re-elect him, and that's saying a lot.

He has a tremendous stage presence despite his weight and a strong force of personality that taps into that blowhard, in your face Jersey attitude. To his credit, when he's on point, he's as good as they get. His problem is that he's not always on point - at least not as a conservative - and as I mentioned he seems to go out of his way to stick a finger in the eye of the GOP base. Which, perhaps not coincidentally, endears him to the media, which is why he's doing well in these polls right now.

New Jersey is arguably the most corrupt state in the union, and there is almost no way a politician from there is not going to have some major skeletons in his closet. We'll see how long before they start coming out.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    If he can deliver New Jersey, then he can deliver it to Cruz and Paul as well.

I'm not sure what you mean. He pulled the rug out from under Romney at least twice, why do you think he'd support Cruz or Paul, especially if one of them had beaten him for the nomination? And even if he did, it probably wouldn't matter. Those states up there are even more blue than Texas is red and it's highly doubtful they'd vote for anybody that makes drying up the federal teat a priority.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    I simply meant that if Jersey loves him so much, then they'd follow him in supporting a candidate we actually want.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Christie and Clinton, a RINO and Brotherhood supporter, is this the best America has to offer. 50 plus years I've always voted but the GOP sends out another weak candidate I will vote 3th party or stay home. Best let Christie stay in NJ it suits him.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    So start making noise now. Don't wait until Christie is bouncing around on TV as the GOP Candidate. Demand a Paul/Cruz, or Cruz/Paul 2016 ticket.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I agree but hearing the gun rights crowd get vocal and political was nice and all but a lot of those same people are single issue voters. They dont realize how their liberties are tied to other groups. Essentially we need someone (like Ted Cruz) to unify all of the splinter groups that fall under the GOP.

I have a feeling our only real chance is to ignore the Presidential election and concentrate on taking the Senate and owning it and the House for the foreseeable future. Combine that with a goal of getting Boehner and McConnell replaced with actual conservatives and handing McCain his walking papers as well, and our rights just might survive another four years...

You two, get your asses out there and fix our country please!

So start making noise now. Don't wait until Christie is bouncing around on TV as the GOP Candidate. Demand a Paul/Cruz, or Cruz/Paul 2016 ticket.

This is my ideal ticket. If this happened, I'd have to shoot myself in the foot to see if I was sleeping.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom