Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And if they are so convinced, of what they believe to be true. why didn't they speak up sooner?

Why now?

Seems to come under the heading, "of closing the gates after the horses have gotten out."

Why now? Lots of reasons...first being FOs/GOs are promotions are confirmed by the Senate, which is why there’s a phrase that you’re selected to O-6 (Col/CAPT) but elected to O-7.

Second, by the time one is even eligible, much less competitive for FO/GO rank, one has been fûcked by the fickle finger of politics on more than one occasion; add to it that most have significant experience in the national security space and some have continued vesting, so there’s motivation there.

Then, there’s always a group of rabble-rousers that have strong feelings of my way or the highway. Considering there’s roughly 5,000 or so former or retired FOs/GOs, we’re talking very low single-digit percentages here. Motivations and passions vary, but they just can’t let go of their pet peeves. Also, since most of them know each or are just one degree away from knowing each other, that group tends to get shunned by the greater community.

Why not sooner? Hatch act prevents it while actively serving. The only choice would have been to retire if they didn’t agree with the decision. On that note, here’s a really good short read on a GO that did exactly that, and why. It is a painstakingly well documented look into the mind of a GO, one whom I’d put at the top of my list of most respected people.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Yes, with a huge percentage of them being leftists which is why it's puzzling they criticize bidet...

Mowingmaniac24/7,

Fwiw, I worked directly for a goodly number of US Army Generals over my military career & NOT EVEN ONE was a leftist.
    MOST of the General Officers that I've known were (at least in public) NON-political & several of them (in private conversations) DESPISED "politicians"- I therefore suspect that LEFTIST Flags are "rare birds".

yours, satx

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mowingmaniac24/7,

Fwiw, I worked directly for a goodly number of US Army Generals over my military career & NOT EVEN ONE was a leftist.
    MOST of the General Officers that I've known were (at least in public) NON-political & several of them (in private conversations) DESPISED "politicians"- I therefore suspect that LEFTIST Flags are "rare birds".

yours, satx
    I never met one who wasn't a politician, heck that is how most of them got to that level. But obviously there were many I did not meet.

From the news I read, the left leaning flags are much more prevalent today than they once were.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    This: "From the news I read, the left leaning flags are much more prevalent today than they once were"...see wesley clark and his ilk...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    This: "From the news I read, the left leaning flags are much more prevalent today than they once were"...see wesley clark and his ilk...

Mowingmaniac24/7; oldag,

IF you are correct, you can thank
    "Obama, yo' mama".

As I said, in my experience, MOST active duty flags were (at least in public) NON-political.

Fyi, I happen to know GEN Clark & while he was on AD I don't ever remember him saying ANYTHING political.
    AFTER he retired (like me & a lot of other former military retirees), he/we were NOT confined to NOT commenting on politics.

just my OPINION, satx

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    My trust level only goes up to 0-3. It was 0-5, but I had to lower it earlier.

Top Bottom