• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've never heard of someone firing the wrong round in a rifle. I bet that was all kinds of interesting. At least the case sealed up the chamber for the most part, you wouldn't want that kind of pressure coming back at you.

We see it almost every weekend. I've seen .300 Win Mag shot in a .300 Weatherby Mag, and .270 Weatherby Mag shot in a .300 Win Mag. Alot of .380 in 9mm, some .32 in .380s, .357 SIG in .40, even a .40 shot in a .45. We keep a collection of random "oops" brass at the store.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    We see it almost every weekend. I've seen .300 Win Mag shot in a .300 Weatherby Mag, and .270 Weatherby Mag shot in a .300 Win Mag. Alot of .380 in 9mm, some .32 in .380s, .357 SIG in .40, even a .40 shot in a .45. We keep a collection of random "oops" brass at the store.

Wow, that .40 fired through a .45 had to be interesting, I would think that it would have just fell out through the barrel since the .40 is so much smaller than a .45.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've seen the results of .223 going through a 7.62x39mm chamber.

I don't think there's a lot of pressure when you go with a smaller bullet and case in the wrong rifle, since there's not a seal around the bullet. Most of the pressure is just going to leave the barrel around the bullet.

It's like a knife, you never try to catch it. Guess that's hindsight.

How'd you explain the new hole?

Did it scare you a bit? Haha.

I knew a range owner who got shot during a lesson when a customer dropped and caught a handgun. Good thing it was a .22 and it hit the range owner in the gut instead of the head.

I also accidentally bump-fired my dad's AK sighting it in on sandbags, that was followed by an immediate full function test to make sure it wasn't the gun which it wasn't.

I've had more than a few accidental bumps with AKs. It's easy when you're really trying to be gentle and accurate with the trigger. That trigger is definitely meant to be mashed with a little bit of force.

Top Bottom