• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a Fredericksburg street address even though I'm 22 miles out of town...is anyone able to explain the attraction of the city to me? it's effin insanely busy almost every day with tons of folks just walking around being bored as far as I can tell
    Military Camp

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Well I too live here in the Big Town. My daughter lives in Commifornia and there are adds to have bridal parties here. it is a go to destination. Tourists bring in money. Not exactly what attracts them other than legend and wineries. The touristas don't bother me except when they buy all the pale ale in bottles from the HEB. I generally enjoy talking to them in town at the watering hole

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It's a fun town. Gotta love the National Museum of the Pacific War (Why can't they go back to Nimitz???) and there are some great niche shops there as well and pretty decent food.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    It's a fun town. Gotta love the National Museum of the Pacific War (Why can't they go back to Nimitz???) and there are some great niche shops there as well and pretty decent food.

Was the big museum ever named Nimitz? The Nimitz museum is in the Nimitz Hotel. I heard they'd closed it for renovations (probably a year or two ago), but haven't looked again until today. It seems to be open again.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Was the big museum ever named Nimitz? The Nimitz museum is in the Nimitz Hotel. I heard they'd closed it for renovations (probably a year or two ago), but haven't looked again until today. It seems to be open again.
    Yeah, the old name got changed in 2000 - which is hard to believe that it was that long ago, but growing up going there it was always the Nimitz...

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I go to Fredericksburg maybe once a year. My girlfriend likes going to visit the small tourist towns in Texas. Ther usually is the much for me to do but I don't mind so much. I usually find something to look at.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    It's close to Luckenbach. And not too far from the 3 Sisters county roads. Lots of motorcyclists... we usually eat at the restaurant behind St Mary's church... Alstadts? Can't remember the name for certain.

And, there's Enchanted Rock....

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    In the last century it was a lot different and I enjoyed it. I think the last time I was there was when my daughter graduated from high school there. The Ex is still there and that's enough reason to stay away. I really enjoyed the Nimitz Museum and have always considered it world class, and that was before all the remodeling. I would love to see it again BUT....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom