• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    In the last century it was a lot different and I enjoyed it. I think the last time I was there was when my daughter graduated from high school there. The Ex is still there and that's enough reason to stay away. I really enjoyed the Nimitz Museum and have always considered it world class, and that was before all the remodeling. I would love to see it again BUT....

I hadn't been to San Marcos in 40 years until recently. Wow. They really screwed that place up. It doesn't even resemble what it used to be. But I guess anyone of a certain age has a story like that. I don't even want to talk about Buda.

It's pretty much just subdivisions from Austin to San Antonio.
    ARJ Defense ad

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    30 years ago is wasn't bad. Thanksgiving at Oma Kooks was nice. Then there was Carl Schnelly and his one man band. He looked like George Schultz. LOL!

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Have family there on my wife’s side so we go there frequently enough.

Talked to a small proprietor there on Main Street and they indicated that typical rent there was $20k per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Despite the town going commercial to the fullest extent of the word, their Christmas parade is still pretty fun. It reminds me of how the town used to be.

I’m not trying to threadjack by throwing another town in the mix, but Salado is close to how Fredericksburg used to be... still on the small side with that artist vibe.

Either way, I still like both towns and enjoy visiting whenever I can.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I have a Fredericksburg street address even though I'm 22 miles out of town...is anyone able to explain the attraction of the city to me? it's effin insanely busy almost every day with tons of folks just walking around being bored as far as I can tell
    We found it kinda sleepy 35 years ago. Now you couldn’t pay me to go. Now, even stopping for fuel is a hassle.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    When I was a motersickle rider, I went thru there quite often. Coming in to F'burg from the "east" on US290, & leaving south on TX16 en route to K'ville. The best thing that ever happened there (for me) was the completion of Friendship Lane - effectively a bypass around traffic light central.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    If I wanted to live in the Fredericksburg of 40 years ago, where should I go?

Serious question, folks.
    Kerrville, Comfort, most of the towns on 281 from San Antonio to Stephenville.

Kilgore? Nacogdoches? I grew up in Longview but haven't been in east Texas for a while so not as sure there.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    It's close to Luckenbach. And not too far from the 3 Sisters county roads. Lots of motorcyclists... we usually eat at the restaurant behind St Mary's church... Alstadts? Can't remember the name for certain.

And, there's Enchanted Rock....
    You said Lucherbach ! or ? It wasn't until I went to San Marcos that I actually saw the name(Luchenbach) and was surprised? The people in Lubbock thought it was in reference to them? When I was in Lubbock and that song played the people would get roudy. Truth be told I didn't know it existed? Willy, Waylon and the boys knew!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If I wanted to live in the Fredericksburg of 40 years ago, where should I go?

Serious question, folks.

Hell, I can barely remember it back then. If you’re thinking small German/Czech town, try around Schulenburg, Flatonia, La Grange, Halletsville on for size.

Further west, Uvalde ain’t what it once was, but could be close to what Fritztown used to he back then.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    The Nimitz Museum is neat. I like the Jap Sub. Not sure if it is still there or not.

When I went in 2019 the midget sub was still at the Nimitz Pacific Museum.

Also, and this is off-topic, if you find yourself in New Orleans and have not done so, check out the WW2 museum. It takes a full day to work your way through but is well worth it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Hell, I can barely remember it back then. If you’re thinking small German/Czech town, try around Schulenburg, Flatonia, La Grange, Halletsville on for size.

Further west, Uvalde ain’t what it once was, but could be close to what Fritztown used to he back then.
    Snook, Caldwell, West...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom