• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    Got an email from HR today says Biden wants to give out free covid tests. They ship for free in only 7-12 days.

basically the solution to running out of test kits is for the feds to buy them all up and redistribute them. Sounds about right. Same as the democrat economic policy. Don’t add value, just move it around.

what I wonder is whether it’s blind incompetence that they think this is a good idea… or a strategy to reduce the number of positive tests by locking them in a govt warehouse for a couple of weeks?
    Lynx Defense

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I had heard this was coming a few weeks ago. Didn't understand the big delay with the latest outbreak. Then in the last week or two all the local stores had sold out of covid tests and everyone was searching for tests that couldn't be found.

Then it made sense. Career politician let big retail bribe him into delaying the rollout so they wouldn't be stuck with full shelves trying to sell something the feds were giving out for free.

I know the government can't move fast enough to give out free tests quickly enough anyway, but it does explain why none of the local stores were rushing to restock their shelves.

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    I had heard this was coming a few weeks ago. Didn't understand the big delay with the latest outbreak. Then in the last week or two all the local stores had sold out of covid tests and everyone was searching for tests that couldn't be found.

Then it made sense. Career politician let big retail bribe him into delaying the rollout so they wouldn't be stuck with full shelves trying to sell something the feds were giving out for free.

I know the government can't move fast enough to give out free tests quickly enough anyway, but it does explain why none of the local stores were rushing to restock their shelves.
    Yeah good point. Could be the stores didn’t want to be stuck with worthless inventory.

but I still think it smells more like the supply was always there and it just got bought up by Biden.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1642559340039.png

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Pass...

Curious though - After it takes 12 days to receive the test kits, how many more to get the result of the test?

I'm going to wild guess another 12 days.

Another colossally stupid government idea...

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Pass...

Curious though - After it takes 12 days to receive the test kits, how many more to get the result of the test?

I'm going to wild guess another 12 days.

Another colossally stupid government idea...
    According to what I've read, the at-home tests take about 15 minutes for the results. At home tests are far more prone to giving false negatives than a PCR test if you are asymptomatic, but not prone to false positives.

Not sure what USPS has to do with it, other than delivering them, but you can order the tests here:

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    According to what I've read, the at-home tests take about 15 minutes for the results. At home tests are far more prone to giving false negatives than a PCR test if you are asymptomatic, but not prone to false positives.

Not sure what USPS has to do with it, other than delivering them, but you can order the tests here:

Correct. I have taken the Abbot Binaxnow test. Very easy, takes a few min to set up and swab then 15 min to read.

usps is handling distribution so you order from them.

to be clear, I have nothing against the tests. Just have major issues with a federal government getting more and more involved in all our lives. It’s nonsense for the fed govt to buy up half a billion test kits in a shortage, supposedly to increase availability of tests that are already effectively free at testing sites all over the place—if only they had test kits. It’s just a ploy to increase the size of the govt and get people more reliant on them. Gotta find a way to spend that $1.9 trillion.

Top Bottom