• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Why would anyone want a test, free or otherwise? Why does it sound like they're doing us a favor when the "gift" is unwanted. I don't need to know what a test says. If I am sick I stay home. If I am not I go to work. It matters not if I have Covid or not.
    Hey, I’m putting mine in the storage shed with the 40,000 rolls of TP … ya never know.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What good does a test do? If you’re not feeling sick, it goes unused.

If you feel sick, you’re just going to go to a doc to confirm it. Of the four outcomes (+, -, false +, false -) your still sick with something and going out to expose others to whatever it is you have.

If you’re sick enough to need hospitalization, waiting a week or two for a free test ain’t going to help much.

Hard pass.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

If you feel sick, you’re just going to go to a doc to confirm it. Of the four outcomes (+, -, false +, false -) your still sick with something and going out to expose others to whatever it is you have.

If you’re sick enough to need hospitalization, waiting a week or two for a free test ain’t going to help much.

Hard pass.
    If the new oral meds to knock it out ever hit the market they must be given within 5 days. You may not be very sick now but you may get very sick. Positive test and go see your doctor. Negative test maybe see your doctor.
    These tests are "free" just like the checks they sent us. How many didn't take the "free" checks? SIL just got over Covid, daughter and grandson didn't get it. All were vaccinated (not boosted). I ordered 4 as local testing sites are causing hour long waits to get tested.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

Hard pass.

There are two oral treatment options and one MAB that are approved In an outpatient setting. Granted, these aren’t available everywhere.

I’m not a huge fan of the government buying tests, either. I think it is a big publicity stunt. Like throwing bread to the masses. Almost as stupid as the news article I read today about him handing out 400 million N95’s.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why would anyone want a test, free or otherwise? Why does it sound like they're doing us a favor when the "gift" is unwanted. I don't need to know what a test says. If I am sick I stay home. If I am not I go to work. It matters not if I have Covid or not.

Depending on where you work there may be a lot more to it than just “I’m staying home”.

Lots of places have a big circus of bullshit now. We have to call some number and tell them out symptoms, then they tell us we have Covid symptoms (because all symptoms are Covid symptoms) and we have to get tested. Depending on who’s paying attention, if they decide you have Covid they are likely to send home those you were around prior to being sick also. So not you are home without pay or burning sick pay/vacation and you have multiple people who are also now forced to do the same regardless of their health.

In this case, being able to give them a negative test may prevent your coworkers from getting screwed by a stupid system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    YG,

"Lots of places have a big circus of bullshit now."

By "Lots of places" I'm guessing you're speaking of employers?

If so, apparently they believe they can issue commands outside your employment and you if don't comply - that arms them with reason enough to fire you?

Jobs are available like not seen since the 60's, so I'd be inclined to tell them to take a flying fk. at a rolling donut!

An employer that thinks they can order U.S. citizens around like their trembling peasants existing in some bum fk. eastern european country need to be told off...

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    YG,

"Lots of places have a big circus of bullshit now."

By "Lots of places" I'm guessing you're speaking of employers?

If so, apparently they believe they can issue commands outside your employment and you if don't comply - that arms them with reason enough to fire you?

Jobs are available like not seen since the 60's, so I'd be inclined to tell them to take a flying fk. at a rolling donut!

An employer that thinks they can order U.S. citizens around like their trembling peasants existing in some bum fk. eastern european country need to be told off...
    Hey if you’re sick I don’t want you coming to work and getting me sick, covid or not.
    Vaccine mandates are a different story though. None of my employers business if I got vaccinated for covid or flu or measles or whatever else.

Top Bottom