• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Just wanted to put in a good word for the folks at South Texas Saddlery in Alamo Heights. They sell extremely high-end leather goods but also have a few nice guns and do transfers.

For a long while, transfers were free. Then, there was a brief period in which they charged $25 for a transfer. In November, I bought a gun from a forum member and paid the fee.

I just received a call from STS. They have decided to continue the free transfers, and wanted to refund the money I paid them two months ago.

I'll be back for sure. Hope to see you there.
    Gun Zone Deals

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Good question. I was already in their system from a precious non-FFL transaction, so unsure. However, based on my interactions, I think they'd be pretty lenient and let you buy a Chapstick or something to "become a customer."

Don't take that as gospel without checking, though.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    They sell firearms. There were probably 10 guns in the store last time I was there, including 5 AR-15s, a Barrett .50, an internally suppressed .308, and others.

They are somehow connected with Dury's for the gun purchases.

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    How much does a background check cost the FFL? Are they charged for each check, or does their annual license fee include them?

I don't think any potential problem would be about cost -- it's that they must file away and keep each and every 4473 they do for at least 20 years in a burn-proof safe, and be able to present any random one at the drop of an investigator's hat (or something like that).

nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    I don't want to rain on this parade but I just called them and asked how much an FFL transfer was and was quoted $25 over the phone. I can pay $25 about anywhere so it wouldn't be worth the drive for me to Alamo Heights. If someone has more info on this I would welcome it.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I don't want to rain on this parade but I just called them and asked how much an FFL transfer was and was quoted $25 over the phone. I can pay $25 about anywhere so it wouldn't be worth the drive for me to Alamo Heights. If someone has more info on this I would welcome it.

Let me check with the guy who helped me and I'll post my results. Do you happen to know who you spoke to?

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Here's the reply I received about 2 hours after sending the manager an email:

"I'm sorry, I hadn't told the employee that took that phone call this morning that it was now free again. In order for it to be free, the individual must have purchased something from us in the past or buy something at the time the individual comes by to fill out the paperwork and pick up their firearm. There is no minimum value requirement for that purchase.
    Drew Fossler
    General Manager | South Texas Saddlery
    (210) 824-8800
    www.southtexassaddlery.com"

Top Bottom