• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    You know, the ones that you used to be able to get "free" with a coupon when you make a purchase at Harbor Freight? The blue egg shaped ones and the ones that looks like a light switch...we had 5 or 6 of those LED flood type lights to help light up our home during the 36 hours with no electricity. Batteries went out on two of them that we left on all night for two nights, but we had plenty of spare batteries. I'll be getting a few more of them soon.
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Have lots of them in the building on my property(no elec on it) and have had hit or miss luck with them

Some last days others not so much.

Once they “fail” I use um as targets for they are not worth much else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Bought this Olight lantern last year when they first came out. Claims 80 hour run time on low, which is plenty bright in pitch darkness. It is rechargeable and we would recharge it between outages, although it didn't need it. Also have several other tail standing Olight flashlights. Some rechargeable, some that use 18650 lithium cells. All have a very long run time on low.

1613923856517.png

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    We have a collection of various flashlights and lanterns, including some of those “free” ones.

The flashlight I found most useful during the outages was the Dewalt 20v flash light / work light (Model DCL 040). It is stable, bright, power efficient, the head rotates 120 degrees and the batteries charge up quickly. I intend to buy one or two more of them soon.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Just used LED flashlights at night. Nice thing about LED's is they don't drain the batteries like conventional.

I've replaced lighting in two diff live-aboard 5th whl trailers with LED. Because when we used to live in the AZ desert during the winters, we had solar power. And didn't run the genny much. Cuts the power drain dramatically!

The led flashlights I use, have about a dozen of them, are the AA Cree flashlights for $5 ea off Ebay.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I've replaced lighting in two diff live-aboard 5th whl trailers with LED. Because when we used to live in the AZ desert during the winters, we had solar power. And didn't run the genny much. Cuts the power drain dramatically!

The led flashlights I use, have about a dozen of them, are the AA Cree flashlights for $5 ea off Ebay.
    I have some of those free HF lights too, but I've jumpered the battery trays so they will run off 1-3 3.7v 14500 Li-ion or 3v LiFePO4 batteries.

I've got LED replacements in all my incandescent fixtures. That seems like a no-brainer...

I like those cheap Cree lights too, but I always check to make sure they will run on Alkaline or Li-ion. I also like 18650s.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I like those cheap Cree lights too, but I always check to make sure they will run on Alkaline or Li-ion. I also like 18650s.

I made a mistake one time and wasn't watching what I ordered closely enough.... I've got hundreds of AA batteries provided by U.S. Forest Circus when I was working wildfires. I wound up with a rechargeable model and it wasn't as bright and didn't last as long.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom