• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It is the only range in the area that allows you to actually train with your firearms. {draw from th holster, multiple shot strings, double tapping, etc}

It is about the only place I shoot.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It is the only range in the area that allows you to actually train with your firearms. {draw from th holster, multiple shot strings, double tapping, etc}

It is about the only place I shoot.

That is the primary appeal to me! :) Every range I can think of within 1hr or so of Austin is pretty anal retentive about not drawing from the holster, and slow fire only. I've been wanting to start experimenting with faster follow up shots. Getting into the habit of properly drawing from the holster, etc.

ctxpta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Lockhart, Texas
    Answers to questions

Lone Star Gun Range Now has cover the rifle range and will have cover on handgun ranges next week. They will have plenty of BBQ! Sorry...NO BEER!

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    What time is everyone going to be there? I might be able to go and was wondering if anyone is taking an FN 5.7 or PS90 and would let me shoot it so long as I bring my own ammo from Bass Pro shops, which has 50 rounds for $22.50. If I can make it I'm going to bring my HK USP 9mm, FNP-40, Remington 870, and my new Marlin 336C 30-30.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    What time is everyone going to be there? I might be able to go and was wondering if anyone is taking an FN 5.7 or PS90 and would let me shoot it so long as I bring my own ammo from Bass Pro shops, which has 50 rounds for $22.50. If I can make it I'm going to bring my HK USP 9mm, FNP-40, Remington 870, and my new Marlin 336C 30-30.

Ira, Texaspartsguy, has some FN's and lives near the range. If he shows up he might bring them. I can't speak for him though.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Texas1911, HKfiend ,

I t was great to meet y'all and thanks for coming out. I get out there every other weekend{ this weekend I took a personal day from work to help out} and I will be back next weekend. Give me a holler if you want to work on some things and let me know what day you plan to be there.

Later,

Aubrey

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Texas1911, HKfiend ,

I t was great to meet y'all and thanks for coming out. I get out there every other weekend{ this weekend I took a personal day from work to help out} and I will be back next weekend. Give me a holler if you want to work on some things and let me know what day you plan to be there.

Later,
    Aubrey

It was nice meeting you Aubrey. It's good to hear the same methods in person as what we've found in some training material out there. Need alot more practice to get any good at it. :cool:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It was excellent to meet you too sir! I had a great time. I think we definitely plan on going out there fairly often now. ;) I think I'll have to head out there next weekend, though I may be working Saturday. I'd definitely appreciate any tips Aubrey. I want to continue honing my handgun proficiency. Aubrey, by any chance do you happen to offer anything in the way of training/classes in regards to handguns, more from a self defense/combative standpoint? I would definitely be up for paying for something like that if you do. :)

Top Bottom