• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    And while I prefer Chipotle as well, does anyone know what a Free Bird is?

It refer to East Berliners jumping the Berlin Wall to freedom to West Berlin. That's why many of their stores have a motorcyclist jumping through the wall. At least you have admire their philosophy.

specter77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    We usually order online and go to the P/U window so I have not looked for signage here in B/CS. I have become a big fan of rice in my Burrito.

Semper Fi

Mike

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    Well since ya'll brought this old thread alive, I think Freebirds sucks just because of all the hipsters making the burritos...they are all candidates for hepatitis with their tats, piercings and those big ol' holes in their ears...just my $.02...I like the food at Tacos la Bala much better!

00ChevyScott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Arlington, TX
    I know this is an old thread, but what sign did they have posted? I know many Freebirds servce alcohol, and the TABC has signs that must be posted (the unlicensed one). I'm sure their company is pretty liberal given the peace signs everywhere and the looks/styling of the place, but the TABC is the reason many of those signs are in place.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I know this is an old thread, but what sign did they have posted? I know many Freebirds servce alcohol, and the TABC has signs that must be posted (the unlicensed one). I'm sure their company is pretty liberal given the peace signs everywhere and the looks/styling of the place, but the TABC is the reason many of those signs are in place.

Oh my god. I haven't seen you since you were banned from performancetrucks.net. that was like.. 4 years ago? You still a blade whore?

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Thoroughly impressed.

I read the whole damn thing before I realized how old it was - doh

Since I spent the time reading...the whole rice thing really rubs me wrong.
    If you don't want rice just say so. Only an idjit says "yes rice" and then complains there's rice on a burrito.

same... mostly. recognized an old posted, checked the date, wtf'd.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I stand corrected then, I know mcdonalds does the same with condiments.

Yeah they actually have a pretty neat system where they're measured fairly precisely by grates with different sizes/numbers of holes in them. Center the gun over the item, squeeze once, and it's portioned.

I mean it's all disgusting mass-produced fast food, but it's still neat to see how they made it all work.

The meat at TB is portioned by hand. When I worked there (94-98, high school and college), they were portioning by hand and eye. You had a little triangular spatula and made an educated guess at picking up three ounces of meat from the pan and plopping it into the taco (or whatever you were making). People kept over or under portioning (sometimes because a customer deserved it, lol) so corporate had someone design meat shovels. It's like a long u-shaped spatula that held three ounces of meat and let it drain while it was being flung on a taco. The things were annoying and a lot slower than using the spatula, which was frustrating when we were basically graded on speed.

beef.jpg

Top Bottom