• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    Freedom Munitions is running a 5% off sale, everything in the Houston store. I'll be there tomorrow at 9 to pick up some 9 and .300 blackout
    DK Firearms

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    When I stopped in this AM they were still pretty well stocked with ammo. Lots of 9mm... Literally tons. Plenty of other calibers including 300 blackout. Lots of .223/5.56. No .45ACP (and no .22LR). They had new, reman, and reman "blaster" (unpolished cases). You can buy as much as you want. I paid $133 plus tax for 500 rounds of "blaster" 147 grain FMJ 9mm. Figure that at $13.30 per box of 50, and I think it is a solid price. Best price on new 9mm I've seen is at Academy for $13 to $16 per box depending on brand, but of course you are limited to two boxes.

I guess I'm the only one who is excited to find ammo "on sale" even if the price is higher than it was a year ago.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I've read it's cheaper to order online and pay shipping and tax than store front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except their online store is out of stock of most everything. I have no skin in the game with them, but I think they are a solid business offering decent quality stuff at decent prices. Could they be cheaper? Sure, but they need to make money to stay afloat. It is tough to compete with the major manufacturers, but when supplies were pinched, they still had ammo available. Sure, you had to pay for it, but their prices have come down. They aren't at "pre-panic" levels, and you can find cheaper factory ammo at Academy when it is in stock, but you can buy as much as you want at Freedom, and their prices aren't nearly as bad as Gander Mountain.

Top Bottom