• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I have bought at the store front at Jones Rd and 290. Kinda small place so I doubt there is any loading going on there. Never had an issue with the ammo where ever it comes from.

They ship it in. Believe it's made in Montana? Idaho? Something over there I think. That's why store cost is higher than online ... at least that's their story. That's the only thing I don't like about them... screwing over the local customers, IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Mitch, I am glad you were able to work a solution. I don't think they are trying to rip anyone off. It is harder to fix a problem that you don't know exists. A little feedback and a positive attitude goes a long way.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    That's the only thing I don't like about them... screwing over the local customers, IMO.
    I suspect there's a small cost associated with having a storefront and providing the staff to manage that. Rather than screwing you over, they are likely absorbing most of those costs to provide a convenience to you.

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    I suspect there's a small cost associated with having a storefront and providing the staff to manage that. Rather than screwing you over, they are likely absorbing most of those costs to provide a convenience to you.

Yep

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX

They're not the only one. Went to 10ring last weekend to buy a press. It was $40 higher in store. "Online doesn't take into account shipping." I'm there, in person, so there's no shipping. And they ship out of the store. Needless to say I didn't buy the press or all the extras I was going to get (~$100).

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    They're not the only one. Went to 10ring last weekend to buy a press. It was $40 higher in store. "Online doesn't take into account shipping." I'm there, in person, so there's no shipping. And they ship out of the store. Needless to say I didn't buy the press or all the extras I was going to get (~$100).

Applying Sam Colt's logic, which i think makes sense, the online price being $40 less probably represents a $20 reduction due to the online customer having to pay shipping, and $20 absorption of overhead costs. From a business standpoint (i.e., making a profit), that sounds logical to me.

lgustavus81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2014
    Deer Park TX
    Have used Freedom quite a bit over the last year. Didn't hurt that they gave me 1000rds of 223 for me to Break my M400 in with though!:)

sent from my damned S4!:)

Top Bottom