Texas SOT

FreedomMunitions......anyone ever buy from them??? Thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We bought a lot of handgun ammo from them during the ammo drought last year....zero complaints.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Put about 100 rounds of their 115 grain remanufactured through my M9 last year. Only issue I had was that one case (Blazer headstamp) split along one side. No damage to my gun, and the other 99 rounds were flawless. Probably won't re-use the brass, though. Seeing that split has me worried.

Would I buy again? Definitely. Probably buy the new stuff though, not the remanufactured.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    They're very close by, so I tend to pick up cases and half cases there just for the convenience. Never had an issue with any of their stuff I've used so far (9mm: 115gr RN in all grades, 124gr JHP new, 124gr RN new 45ACP: 230gr RN reman)

I've been curious about LAX ammo, their prices are pretty good and you get a plastic box to keep it in. Beyond them being in Cali, does it seem to be decent ammo?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    It's not much cheaper in the store.

It's higher than what's advertised on their site because they had to ship it to the store for you to buy. I literally rolled my eyes when I was told that. Only saving grace is their brass exchange. Good product, just think it's a joke to charge higher in store like that.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Shipping is not that bad. For 5 boxes 9mm it is $12.76. At first I had 2 boxes in the cart, shipping was 11.50 or so. Added 3 more boxes and it was only a buck more shipping. Sales tax, tho. That's another 4 bucks.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    Stopped by the store today for the first time. I was in the same shopping center for a lunch meeting so it was darn convenient. Picked-up some .38 Spl SJHP. Price was reasonable and the young man behind the counter was personable. The house brand 9mm shelf was bare for the 50rnd boxes. Will go back when I'm in the area.

hardcase60

ttorrico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I've been curious about LAX ammo, their prices are pretty good and you get a plastic box to keep it in. Beyond them being in Cali, does it seem to be decent ammo?

I have had no complaints, I've got my second 1,000 ordered and on the way. They had a sale going this weekend and I received the 1,000 w/ plastic ammo can shipped for $240. I had zero duds in my first 1,000.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Received 500 rounds of 300 BLK today.

Opened the box ...

FreedomMunitions_staple_issue.jpg

Went to their website and gave this feedback:

For your packing/shipping department ...

http://lawmotorsports.net/mw/FreedomMunitions_staple_issue.jpg

Easy does it with the staple gun, guys.

Three boxes punctured (on the primer end) and four rounds scratched.

Top Bottom