• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Beware in Freeport, TX. I work for a repossession agency and I drive around at night looking for vehicles.

I came out of a neighborhood after searching for a vehicle onto 332 feeder and came to a red light in the middle lane with no one else around at the time.

I see a car with blue halogen lights coming up the feeder in the left lane to my lane and they crept up slowly on the left side and then got right behind me doing a lane change real quick...car has no front plate as well. Its a white cadillac with the gangster style rims (spokes with stars sticking out)

Anyway....They keep creeping up behind me and eventually nudged my company car. Then they just sat there....me being situationally aware I knew they were up to no good. I ignored it because I knew it did no damage to the car and kept driving. Well they followed me and I guess when they realized I was not going to pull over they bailed quick into a neighborhood after I made several turns.

Come to find out, this is a method people use to rob you. Beware out there....

Sent from my iPhone 4S on AT&T 4G using Tapatalk.
    ARJ Defense ad

TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    More research leads me to believe it has to do with gang activity. A few people told me it was probably MS13.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    It has happened before in Florida while I was living there, it was a tactic used at ATMs during the night. Glad everything turned out alright!

TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    yes sir, thank you. If anything, this just makes me even more aware when I'm out and about.

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    yes sir, thank you. If anything, this just makes me even more aware when I'm out and about.

Having lived in that area until recently....that scares the poo out of me! Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    From where do you draw your conclusions it is gang activity and MS13.

Well it is sort of a drawn out explanation, but here goes....

During the day before I went to work the night this happened to me I was with my wife & son over at her dads Apartment complex and he doesn't live in the best area in Angleton because he is disabled and doesn't make much money.

While we were there he was talking about how they had gotten a new Apartment manager because the last one was lazy and got fired.

Well....her boyfriend (old apt managers) is Hispanic and is always home and doesn't work ever...Then he went in and told me about how he was afraid to go outside one day because they were having a party and barbecuing outside and one of the guys friends had his hat off and he had several hundred tattoos covering his body as did everyone else and most were wearing a ball cap except one of the guys which had MS tattoo'd onto his forehead....

My conclusion was drawn from this because Freeport is very well known for gang activity and I guess now MS13 has migrated down here which is very freaking scary. It's all a guess, but I think it's spot on.

What's freaking me out even more is that her dad told me this story after I bought my 1911 from Academy and took my CHL Class a week ago. Then the day he tells me this story....that night I'm working this happened to me and I was smart enough to not get out of the vehicle. I had thought about it really hard but once I saw the style of car I decided it was not a good idea and kept driving towards the police station and they bailed. Someone was define fly looking out for me up there.

Last edited:

TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I may be overthinking, but we will never know because we can't read other people's minds or know their intentions.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I agree with his actions and tactics. I doubt; however, he has been targeted by MS 13.

While I agree there is little specific evidence, there are confirmed cases of MS13 (real or banger wannabes) through out the state. Police PSAs have gone out about different tactics. Sad thing to hear and really doesn't matter who was doing it, but it matters that people ARE doing it. Scary stuff

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I agree with his actions and tactics. I doubt; however, he has been targeted by MS 13.

I never stated I was a bullseye by ms13, I just stated that I was a potential victim in the right place at the wrong time. I don't have any proof that it was them, or another gang or just a bunch of idiots being dumb.

I am just speculating, but he real issue is that it is real and people are doing this in the area.

Top Bottom